Strange rectangular spots in baked lighting

Hi there,

There is any one to know what is causing this spots lights? I only see it when i build the light in two or more times, and when i put the grass.

And all my Lightmaps are more than 1024 (Are in red color).

It looks like you have too high of Indirect Intensity for the skylight, along with the Lightmass bounces set to 100. Try bounces at 5-10 for both lighting types, and lower intensity of the skylight to 4 or lower. I presume the strange rectangular spots are the bright spots? It seems like there’s a huge object somewhat blocking some of the light, while those rectangular areas have become extremely bright. The skylight’s cubemap has a much brighter spot in it, which could be causing or contributing to those brightened areas in the scene. I notice it’s not affecting the house exterior.

Hi!

It will be something with your foliage! It’s only on those areas and its repetitive!
How did you place them? Foliage tool or imported mesh? What is the mobility of the grassy area? And the material setup?
You can also try to build light without the grass just to be sure!

@presto423 Hey, thanks for your answer. I forgot stating that i’m using GPU Lightmass. Nonetheless i did try using lower values for Indirect Intensity for the skylight (around 4/6), and the Lightmass bounces at 20 in other projects, with out luck. Bright rectangular spot lights keep on appearing with differences sizes and postition.

@makigirl Hey! I always build the light without foliage. But never after setting the foliage, may that be the problem?
The material is from Quixel Bridge. But is not a problem about the grass, beacuse when i put an object, like a bed, i have the same bright problem.

By the way, i solved partially the problem lowering the altitude of the house and the terrain.

Well, you may be unintentionally overloading the volumetric lightmap with 20 or more bounces, especially 100 bounces at 100 detail cell size and 60 MB brick data. The scale at 0.2 and quality at 2 on top of it is likely resulting in overly bright results. But the rectangular areas could be caused by something else, perhaps what you referred to about changing the altitude of the house / terrain. Is the PPV a global, unbound one? If so, try making it bound, then changing its size to fit immediately around the geometry…followed by tweaking Blend Radius.