Strange issue causing a `UserWidget` to take 10-15 seconds to show.

I have been using UserWidgets in C++ to do the UI in a game I’m working on. I’m trying to open a settings window from the main menu. None of my UserWidgets have been causing problems like this before. I have a In/Out animation I show when a UserWidgets is added/removed from the parent. I was trying to wait until the animation was done before removing it from the viewport, was working fine in Blueprints before moving it to C++. If I do it in OnAnimationFinished_Implementation it causes the settings widget to take 10-15 seconds to show. The code above it showing the buttons has no issues.

void UMainMenuWidget::OnAnimationFinished_Implementation(const UWidgetAnimation* Animation)
{
    Super::OnAnimationFinished_Implementation(Animation);

FString AnimationName = Animation->GetDisplayName().ToString();
    if (AnimationName == OpenAnimationName)
    {
        PlayButton->SetIsEnabled(true);
        SettingsButton->SetIsEnabled(true);
        QuitButton->SetIsEnabled(true);
    }

if (AnimationName == OutAnimationName)
    {
        if (const UZombieHordeGameInstance* MainGameInstance = GetGameInstance())
        {
            MainGameInstance->HideWidget(EWidgetNames::MainMenu);
            MainGameInstance->ShowWidget(EWidgetNames::Settings);
        }
        else
        {
            UE_LOG(LogMainMenuWidget, Error, TEXT("OnAnimationFinished_Implementation: GameInstance not initialized"))
        }
    }
}

If I comment out the above 2 lines and do the below in the click handler then the settings widget opens immediately as expected.

void UMainMenuWidget::OnSettingsClicked()
{
    PlayAnimation(Out);
    //GetGameInstance()->HideWidget(EWidgetNames::MainMenu);
    //GetGameInstance()->ShowWidget(EWidgetNames::Settings);
}