Stereoscopic problem with light shaft bloom

SInce I upgraded my project from 4.7 to 4.8 my light shaft bloom on my directional light connected to the Sky SPhere BP is not rendering correctly in stereoscopic mode (DK2) , either I only see the shaft on the left eye and not in the right eye, or the angle of the shaft is very different between the left & the right eye. This was working correctly in 4.7 and 4.8 seem to have broken this?

Anyone ran into similar problems?

Hello Illusionweaver,

I was able to reproduce this issue on our end. I have written up a report ( UE-17032) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it great day

Hello Rudy,

I’ve searched AnswerHub for any posts regarding stereoscopic output, not aimed at HMDs, but a simple standard like side-by-side. The only difference is the output for HMDs calls for an alpha mask and some level of barrel distortion, so I’d think this wouldn’t be such a big deal to be able to opt out of anything coming on top of basic side-by-side. No? I’m desperate to make progress on this issue, having posted to it since many months ago, had even left UE4 to Unity, for which I had access to a plugin providing support for full HD 3D via frame packing (UE4 should support this too!), but I just couldn’t take the bad lighting in Unity and other issues, so I’m back to UE4, but puuleeease, can you help me?

Hello BenjvC,

The issue you are reporting unrelated to this thread, I will need you to create a new thread for tracking purposes. You could then post a link in a reply and I will be happy to assist you further.

Make it a great day

4.11 now, light bloom is still broken in stereo. Any update?

Nevermind, fixed in 4.12.4.