I have a VR project that now also needs to run as a standard desktop application. Shouldn’t be an issue, except that side by side stereo is stuck on in packaged builds. Things I’ve tried:
- Disconnected HMD entirely before starting
- vr.bEnableStereo 0, vr.bEnableHMD 0 (when querying these variables afterwards, they’re always still on 1), stereo off (now deprecated)
- Start in VR is off, no command line arguments are being passed to the executable. -emulatestereo has never been used.
- Updated to 4.18
- Full rebuilds
- Removed Packaged/<App>/Saved, to make sure any configs are cleared
- Deactivated instanced stereo
The Vive plug-in is still enabled, since the project should also remain usable in VR - deactivating the plug-in would invalidate all related BP’s and cpp’s.
Any ideas on how to get Unreal to render a single viewport in the packaged build are greatly appreciated!