Download

Stereo Layers getting their texture from UMG widgets do not render on the Vive platform.

Hello!

Thank you in advance for your help.

I set up an VR menu widget that is rendered with stereo layers with the help of this tutorial from Mitch’s VR lab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxFqUDW5-fE

It works great with the Oculus rift platform. But will not render when I test my build on the Vive.

I found information in the stereo layer documentation that shows the two platforms support stereo layers differently.

This is good information but I do not understand what adjustments I need to make for the UMG based stereo layers to function properly. I feel like it might be the fact that I cannot set the texture created by the UMG layer to UserInterFace2D (RGBA).

Any help would greatly be appreciated. I am an artist and not a programmer, scripting is still very new to me. I could just be making a simple mistake.

Just figured it out.

It was very simple. Add a set compression node after the render target. Choose UserInterface2d (RGBA). now it works with Vive. :slight_smile:

Hi, I have followed the tutorial from Mitch’s VR lab…But I have an issue with the stereo layer witch is not update at all (I work with the oculus rift too). And if I del the stereo layer component the stereo layer stay visible in the headset until I restart unreal (4.20.3). :confused: Did you had this kind of issue ?