I have the SteamVR plugin enabled for engine and project, and after i package the game… I attempt to run 2 instances of the client on my pc. When the second instance loads, the first client instance is killed.
the above got me close… but this is not working for my packaged game.
I can run 2 client instances of my test project in the Editor.
- On start you can select a VRPawn or ThirdPersonCharacter
- In the editor everything works ok from there on with spawning, controls, etc…
When I package my game and run from command line, it does not work.
- I launch dedicated server ./Test3PServer.sh /Game/ThirdPersonCPP/Maps/ThirdPersonExampleMap -port=27017
- launch client 1 ./Test3PClient.sh 127.0.0.1:27017 -nohmd -AudioMixer -ResX=1024 -ResY=768 -ForceRes -Windowed
- launch client 2 ./Test3PClient.sh 127.0.0.1:27017 -AudioMixer -ResX=1024 -ResY=768 -ForceRes -Windowed
After client 2 has loaded my required vulkan extensions and goes to create the vulkan instance… the client 1 process is killed. (presumably by SteamVR).
It seems even with -nohmd SteamVR is “managing” my game process. How can I not have it do that?
Ubuntu 20.04.2 - Linux 5.11.0-40-generic
NVIDIA Titan RTX - 495.44 / CUDA 11.5 / Vulkan 1.2.131
Engine Version: 4.27.1
SteamVR beta 1.21.3
- “Unchecked - Use Desktop Game Theatre while SteamVR is active”