Status on GPU Particle Collisions corrupting UE-14658

I’ve been working on a test map for a very long time, and a long time ago the GPU particles stopped colliding with the world. Yes, I understand how they’re supposed to work (using the scene depth visible from the camera), but even with a clear floor, the particles still won’t collide and they’ll just fall right through. What’s really interesting though is I noticed sometimes the geometry in Cascade seems to collide just fine. But as soon as you put that particle in the world, it fails.

If anyone has a status update on UE-14658, I’d like to know. That bug was reported by another user who had the same exact issue.

Hello -

UE-14658 is currently being worked on by our engineers, specifically the bug resolves around an added Blueprint component causing the collision to function incorrectly. As we work toward a solution to this issue, a work around would be to keep GPU particles separate from other components in BPs. While not ideal, it would allow for the collision that you need for the GPU particles.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

I had removed all of the particles from my Blueprints, but they still do not work in the level. Even as a particle emitter, the GPU collisions still fail. Should I open a new map or migrate the project? I really don’t want to lose all the programming I’ve done over the last year.

Hi -

Can I ask though for explicit reproduction of your case, do your BPs with the GPU particles contain an arrow component?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hm… My character blueprint had an arrow and a GPU particle emitter. But none of my object blueprints had arrows in them.

Hey, I upgraded my project to UE4.10, and the problem was fixed! I got the idea from that comment you sent, I guess you may have edited it out. But it worked!