Static Mesh Doesn't Update After Reimport

I’m on 4.11.2 and am having this problem as well. The .fbx assets are created in Blender and import initially as expected, but re-importing (whether manually or via the folder watcher) does not update the mesh or UV channels.

The problem continues, I have it as well. Same thing, import a mesh from 3ds Max in the project folder, make changes to the mesh, reimport, get the message but nothing changes. Can you please correct this serious bug.

i update the engine today to 4.16.3 and still re import fbx appear to be broken for me… if i change just one vertex to my mesh reimport will stop work.

im using Blender any one know if there is incompatibility from the two?

obviously if i import again my mesh it will be fine. but like this i will loose position and collision inside the map.
what i can say is inside dialog tab for static meshes it say " mymesh.fbx type changes no reimport."
the engine will say import succesfull if i force it but nothing change.

ok. i did some test today morning and i guess i found a solution for now.

if i “drag and drop” into unreal folder (wherevere you choose to store your assets) and i use re-import after, it will work fine.
i already did many changes to my mesh like adding vertex, edge loops and even change UV coordinate. and the mesh still be reimported with changes as well.

i also noticed that when you use drag and drop instead of file-> import into level (that create the bug) the assets dosent create blueprint file. and fbx root file. not sure if this is where the problem are.

I tested this all morning so im not sure this work around it really resolve the issue. but for now it works for me.
i even think this is a bug between Blender and Unreal.

im using blender 2.79 and unreal 4.16.3
hope this helps someone out there.

Seriously guys, It’'s 2 years critical bug and still no fixed?

1 Like