Static Lighting Problems

Hi all, so I have made a custom scene and in UE4 with my own assets, everything carefully unwrapped, lightmaps have enough resolution and the lightmass settings are nailed down. Reflection cube is in as well as LIV.

Because the environment is modular however, there are seams on my floor and other parts of the scene, despite the lightmass being set up like it is. There are other problems such as low res splotchy shadows.

Tried everything, watched plenty of tutorial videos, including the ones on Unreal Academy. Nothing is helping so far.

Any ideas, please?

This is a very common issue with lightmass, since it can happen that two threads calculate the lightning for meshes that are one near the other and getting slightly different results. One thing that has worked for me (sometimes) in the past is grouping meshes together (select them and use Ctrl G). Otherwise you will have to group them in a single mesh (pain).

Regarding the splochy shadows, thats noise and sadly is common too, but I have no clear answer/solution for that except try to use materials that have some noise so thos imperfections go unnoticed (using a flat white material will bring up the worst of lightmass).

Hope it helps at least a little bit. Make it a great day.

Thanks man, appreciate the effort! I solved the problem by actually fixing the geometry on the floor plane. I added extra support edges to smooth out the shading, which was causing the seams. So the LM was not the culprit this time. Now the pieces are seamless even on the default lightmass settings. Hooray!