SRanipal, Unreal Engine 5 and HTC VIVE Pro Eye

Hello everybody,
I am currently working on a project using the HTC VIVE Pro Eye and Unreal Engine 5). Unfortunately, the Tobii SDK has no support for the HTC htc VIVE Pro Eye and SRanipal is incompatible with UE5.
I made some adaptions in the Plugin’s source code to be able to build and compile my project in UE5.
However, as soon as I 1) manually start the SRanipal Runtime, 2) Tick ““Enable Eye by Default” or 3) Include the "Start Eye Framework” function in a “Begin Play” Blueprint-Node, UE5 crashes without any error messages (it just closes the window).
I would appreciate any help. Whether it might be further changes in the SRanipal Plugin Source Code or using another Plugin (In the header of the Eye and Facial Tracking SDK it states “We won’t be releasing any news and support for VIVE Sense. We invite you to join OpenXR PC VR”. So when someone can tell me how I access the eye-tracking data using the OpenXR Eyetracking Plugin, I would also be more than happy.)

Has anybody had similar problems and/or has an idea of how to solve these issues?

Thank you very much in advance!

1 Like

For me, using the SRanipal 1.3.3.0 version and adapting GetHitActor() and GetRelativeLocation() did the job now.

Had the same issue and using 1.3.3.0 worked for me as well. Thanks!!

Hi, I didn’t solve the problem by changing GetHitActor () and GetRelativeLocation (). Can you compile the Unreal 5 plugin for us? From Vive, it doesn’t look like they’re going to update the sdk. I would appreciate it.

greet
XiChen

1 Like

Hello,

Could you please share the plugin after fixing the issue for UE5?

Regards,

Hello Xichen,

Are you able to fix the problem for SRanipal 1.3.3.0 plugin ? Could you please share any solution you have!

Regards,

You can try with this adapted version here: SRanipal - Google Drive
Unfortunately, I never got this thing working completely for me, but crossing my fingers for you!

1 Like

Thank you some much!

Hi, Thank you for sharing I tested the plugin and it works perfectly with lip expressions but not with eyes. Do you have the same problem?

The version you sent is 1.3.6.6. Have you tried compiling 1.3.3.0? I think some people mentioned that 1.3.3.0 works for them. I’ll try to build it for 5, and if I have any updates I’ll let you know.

3 Likes

Thanks for the infomation.
Using the plugin he shared ,I solved the crashing issue but I was unable to get the eyes information.

Same here! please share any updates if solve the problem.

Hi, have you already got a result?
Thanks a lot!

Hi guys, Im trying to find SRanipal for UE 5.2, could you please help :slight_smile:
I need to capture the eye data from my experience too

Hello, have you manged to rebuild it for UE5.2

The developers of Vive have updated their plugin and provided versions for UE5.0 and UE5.1, which seems to put an end to this topic. But has anyone tried the new version? My device has been returned and I currently can’t find a suitable device to test on UE5.2.

Hi!
Ive been training to get it work with UE5.2 using HTC VIVE pro eye but its not working. any idea?