Welcome to the Spring UE4jam!
Fun Factor Award
****Spring Comes Armed by The Strangers
****Dig for Spring by Succubi in Hats
Unique Use of Theme Award
****Angry Angry Dad by Dad Interactive
****Flower Fling by !Unity
****Bad Day Raccoon by Lost Weekend
****Fini by Me, Myself and Twitch Chat
We have had TWO YEARS of monthly #ue4jams](https://twitter.com/hashtag/ue4jam?src=hash) and now we’re switching things up. This year, we’ve moved the jam from monthly to quarterly and we’re adding 3 specialty categories that teams can win. Our quarterly jams will feature more prizes for the winning teams and more ways to win!
Work alone or with a team (up to 5 members) to make the most incredible project based on the theme in Unreal Engine 4, and submit before the deadline.
- Specific contest rules are available here.
- All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our YouTube and shown on Twitch.
With the higher stakes, we’re altering the project requirements for this time around. Here’s the list of updated requirements:
- The game must include custom gameplay that exceeds that found in Epic Games’ starter templates.
- All art assets in the game must have a material other than the default applied to it.
- Must be packaged for Android (for the Best Mobile Game Specialty Category, unfortunately there are limitations with iOS), Windows or Mac OS. No full, unpackaged projects. VR projects are accepted.
**TIMELINE DETAILS AND HOW TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY **
In Unreal Engine game jam tradition, we’ll be kicking this one off and announcing the theme on the livestream on March 30th at 2PM ET](http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20170330T1400&p0=207&msg=Spring+UE4jam+Theme+Announcement) and giving participants a bit more than 3 days to create and submit an awesome game built in the engine. The SUBMISSION THREAD](Spring #UE4jam Submission Thread! - Events - Unreal Engine Forums) will go live and be available just before the theme is announce.
Post the following to the submission thread before the end of April 2nd 12:00 Midnight ET](http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20170403T00&p0=207&msg=Spring+UE4jam+Deadline) and include this info:
Link to a download of your game
List of team members
Name of your submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
Please remember to rename your project to [Team Name]_[Project Name] ex. TheEpicTeam_AwesomeGame
List any content that was created before the jam that was included in the final submission.
This does affect the score, as we judge on what is made during the jam’s timeframe. Submitting an entry with pre-made content that is not disclosed may lead to disqualification.
Then, PM me the following information:
- Team Name
- Project Name
- Each Team Member’s Real Name
- Each Team Member’s Email Address
- Each Team Member’s Mailing Address (Not a P.O. box)
- Each Team Member’s T-Shirt Size
If the address is not in the United States, please also provide:
Phone number for lost postage reclaim
Tax or VAT number (if applicable)
AWARD CATEGORIES AND PRIZES
A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria for the 3 Major Categories:
- Fun factor
- Unique use of theme
- Overall Visuals
Additionally there are 3 Specialty Categories:
- Best VR Game
- Best Android Mobile Game
- Best Game Under 100mb
(The judges will be using a Samsung Galaxy S7 for the Android Mobile category)
Winners will be announced on the April 13th Unreal Livestream which starts at 2PM ET.
The winners of all categories will receive an Epic Swag Box with all sorts of goodies, a “Game Jam Finalist” forum badge, a featured playthrough on the Twitch stream. The winners of the Major Categories will also receive a highlight on Unreal Engine launcher!
All members of the teams who win the Major Categories will receive a 730 Series 2.5 480GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC Solid State Drive provided by Intel’s Achievement Unlocked program. Join them and sign up to receive monthly game developer content, special offers, announcements, and news about upcoming events.
In addition to the Epic Swag Box, each member of the winning teams of the Major and Specialty categories will be receiving a one-year Houdini license provided by SideFX. Houdini is an amazing tool can be used with UE4 through the official Houdini plugin.
Winners of all categories will be given a choice of 4 packs from Panda Studios, our first sponsor from the Unreal marketplace sellers! Panda Studios has graciously agreed to provide these excellent tools and content to every winner of Major and Specialty categories.
Winners of all categories will be given a copy of Smallheart Studios’ Orbit Weather and Seasons from the Unreal Engine Marketplace directly into their account. This robust tool allows developers to quickly build time of day, season and weather systems for UE4 projects.
All participants of the UE4jam will be given access to Assembla’s platform for game development teams to build iterations of their game using their Perforce repositories. As a project management platform, Assembla is an effective asset to any gaming developer, and we are excited to watch Assembla’s continuing emergence within the game development community. To get access to the Perforce server, PM me that you will need access and your team’s email addresses. Please also see Victor Burgos’ guide on using Assembla and Perforce for the jam.
Assembla is the task and code management tool that enables game developers to manage their entire game project in one place. As the only on-demand Perforce provider in the cloud and the #1 SVN hosting provider in the world, developers all over the world choose Assembla for their high performance and security needs.
In order to streamline the playing, judging, recording, and winners announcement process, we’re requesting that teams participating in the jam let us know beforehand in order to prepare appropriately for the event. We’ll update the list with links to the games afterwards, too, so everyone can find your title without having to scroll through the whole thread Pre-registration is not required for entry, and we know people will come in later, but it will greatly aid us in turning everything around quickly. We appreciate your help in making this event awesome
Please send me a PM with your team name and number of team members and we’ll get you added to the list! If you have not made enough posts to use the PM system, then feel free to post in the thread here instead.
- SpringmancerVR - Skull
- Skate Into Action - The Warriors
- SIA Springers - Atrox Productions
- Vaguely Spring-Shaped - Actually Autumn
- Spring - UmkaApps
- Spring Clean Dungeon - itsame
- Purify The Spring - Unicorns Developers
- JUMPBUG - sleepingdragon
- A Spring’s Journey - Matt Woelk
- Spring - 1guy
- Water That Tree - Proton Nuker Labs
- Snowman - Ryada
- Springify - Seven Slash
- Just Another Hero Game - JK5000
- Death Spring Battlefield - Team Freaking Exhausted
- Sunflower Warrior - Games Or Whatever
- A Working Life - Caffeinated Bacon
- Bounce Sprout - Illumine Games
- Spring Rivers - Vatras
- Buddy the Bunny: Seasonal Takeover - Broliai
- Bad Day Raccoon - Lost Weekend
- Petal to the Metal - Thirsty Nerds
- Spectrum - Team Jfaw
- Spring Flowers and Showers - Clan Moore
- Spring Loaded - Ambidextrous
- MakeItToBeTheTree - BioComputed
- Spring Comes Armed - The Strangers
- Attack Of The Spring Rabbits - Joakim Olsson
- Angry Angry Dad - Dad Interactive
- A Maze In VR - TeamMagneto
- Xtreme Pogo Deathmatch - Team Taco
- Spring journey - Hot dogs
- Springshot - Lonesome
- Springy Spring - N/A
- Spring is in the Air - Springy McSpringface and the Springs Sponsored by Spring Powered INC
- ShotIT - AnaroGames
- Elementium - Roman
- Spring Step - A Flying Potato
- SpringlingVR - Rune Berg & Kevin Duell
- Never Not Knight - ONEMANWOLF PACK
- ROOT - ROOT Games
- Man O’ Spring - Néotl Empire
- Seesaw Zenith - Jarilojord
- Wonderbros - Flying Circus
- The Fi— Moment - Reminisce
- The Springers - Rematch Studios
- Springer - Shatty’s Half-Baked Games
- Spring Up - Erebus Design
- The Rite of Spring - RennAndNyxi
- Pet Terminator - Perforce Jockies
- Sea Boxers - SpringArmMech
- Launch Party - ProjectPVE
- gameyMcgameface - TeamyMcteamface
- Spring Chicken - Deep Space Games
- JumpIn - GGG
- Spring Kingdom - ReeJK
- Spring To The Action - Lightification
- Billy Bust Up - Blueprint Games
- SPROINKS - CrackpotGumption
- Spring Rider VR - Impossibility
- BriarIn The Clockwork Dungeon - Space Skeletons
- Bunny Escape - 5 Rune Studios
- Spring Into Portal - Flying Saucer
- Springball - Team Cyaoeu
- Flower Fling - !Unity
- Penguins Meltdown - A Cat Games
- Cleaning Day - A Big Springs Story - Endless Plumber
- Dig For Spring - Succubi in Hats
- Slash Slash Revolution - Team Mollusk
- Little Giants - Nightjar Jamjar
- MrSpring - Hyperbole
- Never Out - Laoniu Studio
- Spring Hates Politics - Heads And Brains
- Ver Perpetuum - Hippowombat
- Velcro Mind - One Shot Games
- Guardian of Hera - Hexa Game Studio
- Moskito Strikes Back - La Tubercule Demoniac
- Springing to help - In Your Head Games
- Fini - Me, Myself and Twitch Chat
- Game of A Tree in a spring - sZXZ
- Spring Loaded Ragball Mayham - Team Vizionary
- Ten Thousand Bees - Vegaview
- Spring Cleaning Action - Vhite Rabbit
- Mansel In Distress - Bluewater Games
- Snowdrop - Always Late
- Spring Break 99 - TeamHavoc
- Armagedon2000 - SteamStudio
- Vesna - Better Bug Games
Helpful Links for Jamming!
Getting Started Docs
Reduce Your Package Size
Top Tips for Game Jams
Wiki Code Tutorials/Snippets
Tutorials and Guides
Blueprint Getting Started Thread
C++ Getting Started Thread
Tutorials and Guides
Varon Kein’s Music