Unreal Engine 4 - Spherical adventure
A word about the game
Hello UE4 users, I’m to present my game created on my free time in two months: 2 weeks to learn the new powerful Unreal Engine 4 and the rest of my time to create everything. The game is created with Blueprint only; there is no C++ .
So the game is taking place in a facility where silver spheres are making the law while golden spheres are simply destroyed. But one of them will wake up and you are going to take the control of it. This special ball will have to go through a series of dangerous test rooms composed of platform and puzzle sequences.
My inspirations are Portal, Q.U.B.E (I was Level Designer on this one) but also Zelda for the evolution system. It was really important for me to show something polished and with quality. The DevTest team at Ubisoft Annecy playtested the game and gave me a lot of good feedback to improve the game. Now this is the Version 1.1 of the game and I hope I could have more feedbacks from you guys.
As you can see, all assets are coming directly from Unreal; they are all modified by me to adapt them better to my game. Of course for a full game I want to have my own assets.
Assets about the game
I have created a trailer for the game to make it easier to show and understand so feel free to look at it, there is also a build and a video walkthrough of the demo.
**TRAILER : **
**WALKTHROUGH : **
**BUILD OF THE DEMO : **
For a better experience, please use a controller.
Please install first the vcredistx86 which is necessary to make Unreal run on your PC.
Then you just need to choose the exe with the resolution of your choice and enjoy.
A word about me
My name is Alexandre Senadji, I’m a long time Unreal user for personal and professional projects. I started on Unreal Engine 2.5 with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, then UDK comes out and I started to create a lot of personal projects, Level Design, Game Design, prototype etc… And today Unreal Engine 4 is out and this is awesome.
My first real professional experience was as Level Designer for Toxic games on the game Q.U.B.E, I worked 2 years and a half with them and I learned so much on how create an indie video game. Directly after I was entering at Ubisoft to work as DetTester on Assassin’s creed Black Flag and now I’m working on Assassin’s Creed Unity.
Even with a full time job I’m taking the time to work on my own creation because that’s what I love to do. Create, innovate, and bring something cool for players. Take a look at my portfolio right : http://asenadji.wix.com/portfolio
More details about the game
For UE4 users I’m sure you would like to have more details about how I created the game. I will try to give as much information as possible about what is in the game and if you are interested about a feature feel free to ask I would love to share my experience with you. is a list of all elements I created for the game:
- A ball with a camera attached, you can control both using 2 joysticks. The ball is moving using Physics. The ball controls are really different from the UE4 template.
- I have 10 rooms in 7 levels working with a streaming system.
- Material and FX (I modified a lot of already existing things).
- 2 cut scenes created with matinee.
- Destructible actors.
- Power system: allow the ball to Move, Jump, Double Jump and Dash.
- Puzzle features: Ball in fire, Ball can change size, Ball lighted, buttons, doors, energy sphere etc.
- The ball can die when falling into the lava (cinematic with effects).
- Checkpoint system to allow player restart close to where he died.
- Scoring system calculated with the time and number of death.
- Save system to keep the 3 best scores ever made.
- Load System to display the 3 best scores on the main menu screen.
- HUD displaying the number of energy spheres in possession.
- HUD displaying a real time timer.
This is not an exhausting list but I think there are the main features listed . If you guys are interesting to know how are working one or more features please let me know and I could explain it. It could be too complicated to create a tutorial about the game so it will be easier like that.
So thank you very much for being and if you are trying the build please give me your feedbacks on it. And don’t forget that you can talk about the game if you like it ;-).