[Spellar Performance] The Sacred Moon Gate

For questions relating to the current active challenge please use the tag UnrealChallenge
For submissions, please include the tag SpellarPerformance

Title:
The Sacred Moon Gate

Ancient lectures promised her of soul and magic. Thousand years later, the magic is here, in her machinery body, but nowhere is her soul. Will the Sacred Moon Gate lead her to what she had always craved…?

Student Submission: No

Credits to sourced content:

• Special thanks to Mr.Ai for mentoring me with the SFX and music. Here is his online website https://www.pumix.pw/ in case you want to view his work or contact him.
  • Music: Legend of the Ancestors - a song by Amit Weiner
  • Ultra Dynamic Sky
  • Megascan Library

In editor screenshot:

Some favorite screenshots:

Optional

• Did you use Houdini? Yeah, I did use Houdini for some fluid and particle simulation
  • Description:

Well, finally I’m here!

Since the release of Unreal Engine 5 tech demo, I always want to make a portal that matches the quality of that demo in term of visual quality. To me, people behind that demo are “spellar performer”, and I want to see if I can be just like them.

Learned a lot crafting this FX, there are still a lot of things I could had improved but didn’t (mostly time constraint and hardware limit), look like I need to try harder next time. Anyway, I’m happy with what I got to present.

• Engine version: 5.1
7 Likes

This is fantastic! I loved the magic circle effect a lot, felt very impactful

oh…C’MON!!! THIS IS GORGEOUS!! This is what I’M TRYING to achieve. Man, the green & brown, the stones. I absolutely love your portal thingamabob. The light on the inner rim…DANGIT DANGIT DANGIT!! :hammer::anger::hammer::anger::hammer::anger:

I feel like this alone could get you a job as a VFX artist haha. Bravo, fantastic. I’m gonna go watch mine on loop & cry in mediocrity :sob::joy:

If you have a chance to check out my submission, I’d love your thoughts! :smiley: