SpawnParticleSystem is not visible if player is further than a certain distance from the world origin

Please select what you are reporting on:

Verse

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Verse

Summary

If player character is further than a certain distance (approximately 140m) from the world origin, the particles spawned using the SpawnParticleSystem() function will not be visible to the player.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Move to a position that is < 140m from the world origin and spawn a particle using SpawnParticleSystem() function. Particle is visible.
  2. Move to a position that is > 140m from the world origin and spawn a particle using SpawnParticleSystem() function. Particle is not visible.

See video demonstration:
2024-04-27 18-04-48.mkv (27.5 MB)

Expected Result

Particles spawned using the SpawnParticleSystem() should always be visible regardless of the player position from the world origin.

Observed Result

Particles spawned using the SpawnParticleSystem() is not visible if player is further than 140m from the world origin.

Platform(s)

Windows 11

Can confirm I’m getting the same issue, couldn’t understand why the method only worked on my side project, now I do

(does the same disappearing when going far away vertically)

As a side note, the method seem to spawn them outside the replication range, it’s just the client that won’t display them if outside the range

The status of FORT-738496 incident has been moved from ‘Needs Triage’ to ‘To Do’.

2 Likes