Spawn actor from class in Blueprint Macro Library

Hi,

I just noticed that I can not create anymore the node " Spawn Actor from Class" in a Blueprint Macro Library.

However, I can still duplicate my existing Macro functions that contained this node … and edit it.

Is it something permanent or just a “bug” from the recent update to 4.12.5 or 4.12.4 ??

I manage most of my spawning that are common to multiple levels through this macro library…

Maybe you have “Context Sensitive” checked?

Unfortunately, no :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you draging off of something?
Can’t try myself right now, as I only have my notebook with me, which isn’t close to being capable to run UE4. Will try once I get back to my good machine

Well it seems that now in 4.12.5, the parent class of the Macro Library matters…
If you created a Macro Library with parent class “Actor”, everything is fine.
However if you herit from Object… you need to update the parent class now to another class. Any class seems to work except “Object”

Hello,

The reason for this is because Object classes do not contain a reference to a world, which is a necessary factor for using the Spawn Actor From Class as well as a few other nodes. Inheriting from actor will get you the results you’re looking for and prevent you from having to do the unnecessary work of getting a world reference into your Object class.

Have a great day