Download

Space Nebula and Starfield Plugin ✧ V1 + V2 + V3 ✧ for UE4

Hi @chemsedine,
not sure what you like to achieve through the Sequencer. There is no direct connection between the Nebula Plugin and the Sequencer.
Basically in V2, you can Create Nebulas as Static-Textures in PIE (like in a seperate Level) and save these to disk, so you can use these outside of Play.
In the upcoming V3 the Nebula-Creation process will be possible in Editor and in PIE, but still not sure how the Sequencer works in tandem.

I am excited for this to be released and will be purchasing it as soon as it’s out. A couple of questions I have though. Many of the demo nebulas are nearly opaque, are there options for translucent clouds? Secondly, the stars and gas giants are impressive, however they would be even more so if they had an animated surface. Are there options to animate surfaces? or can the generated objects be rotated once generated? Lastly, some of the nebula get very noisy when viewed from a distance away ( other side of room ). I want to use this in a large scale project will that noise persist in multi km square nebula and do the nebula support that scale?

Thanks for your feedback!

Most of the Examples have Density parameters in their Creation-Material. So you can produce Nebulas with low and high translucency in your desire.

Regarding an animated Surface, you may see the surface of the Sun-example move, when you look closely. The applied Microstructure has a Paramter to do so. It is basically available in the Plugins V1/2/3.

The low-quality in the distance is due to some optimizations to get more performance (LoD). These settings are available to modify, to get more detailed Nebulas in the distance. Also we work on improving the balancing of Performance and Look like in this manner.

There is basically no problem to to scale a Nebula like 1 mio units to fit in your whole level. Consider that a Nebula placed inside an Nebula may be problematic (until we implemented a proper rendering-module which does it correctly. See Todo-List)

Current Progress of Space-Nebula and Starfield V3 running in Unreal-Engine 5!

Some code changes where requried to adapt the UE5’s Rendering-Pipeline (basically reworking RHIComandLists partly with GraphBuilders and FRHITextures with FRDGTextures). GPU-Volume-Creation did work right out-of-the-box :smiley:

Thanks to Epic and all related developers for this great progress and for making all this possible!

Doing a quick scroll through forum and marketplace listing I do not see a todo list. Is there a specific link to follow? Thank you for the other info. One last question, will V3 be released as a standalone product? or an update to V2? I am anxious to start working with your plugin, just need to know what kind of wait time, or if V2 purchase would include v3 update.

The Todo-List can be found in the last room of the Demo-Hallway ;D

V3 is an independent plugin-module, but will be available as Experimental attached to V2 and replacing it by getting more stable.

Loving the V3 samples. Any idea how much of a performance lift v3 will be?

Thanks :smiley: Volume Visualization may be faster a bit, due to more in depth implementation within unreal’s rendering-pipeline, also some reduced acceleration-structure size. Having nice framerates on my 1060m xD
Volume- and Acceleration-Creation times decrease dramatically in V3 so you may consider doing some Volumetric-Interactions in your gameplay.

✧ [ V2 does now include V3 Experimental! ] ✧

+ Space Nebula and Starfield V3 is now included as Experimental for UE4.25+ (UE5 proofed)

+ Update the Plugin from the Epic Launcher to access V3 in your project (V2 stays as it is)

+ Basic principles remain: the Creation and Visualization of Volume-Textures

+ Faster, simpler and generalized through low-level C++/Compute-Shader implementation

+ Procedural Volume-Creation in the Level via a Pipeline in the Defaults-Panel (Play and Editor)

+ Tip-of-the-Iceberg Blueprint-Interface to interactively customize the Pipeline

+ Different Creation-Stages to specify the Volume-Creation process: Material, Brush, Flow-Simulation, Lightsource, Blurs, …

+ Different Volume Raymarching-Modules: Advanced, Simple, Block, Signed-Distancefield

+ 3D Cellular-Automatas to have fun with

+ Create Volume-Textures and 3D-Vectorfields to apply in Niagara and the Volumetric-Cloud/-Fog-System

+ Comes with a lot of Content-Examples (Nebula-Alpha, -Omega, -Zed, -Kappa, -Sigma, Galaxy, Sun, Gas-Planet, Atmospheric-Cloud, Polar-Lights, Rainbow, 3D-Paint, Niagara, Brain, CA, CCA, CNN, Metaballs)

2 Likes