Sound attenuation blueprint

Hi all,

Im a university student currently working on my dissertation named “improved sound attenuation in unreal engine 4” Basically my issue is that I’ve created a 360 degree line trace emanating from a object in a game level, the aim of this 360 line trace is to find the dimensions of a room and attenuate the sound to the size of the room.

A couple of issues have since arisen, the first being with my “Break Hit Result” from the “Line Trace By Channel” node, two of the pins I need are “Trace Start” and “Impact Point” with the distance between the two equalling the distance the sound needs to reach. Another being that I can’t figure out a way to take the distance data and apply it to a sound attenuation node.

In short, my aim is to plug the WORKING “Trace Start” and “Impact Point” into a “Distance Vector” node which finds the distance between the two and then plug that into another node which inputs the distance data into the “Falloff Distance” box in sound attenuation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if you just have an idea I would take anything at this point.

Many Thanks, Guy