Song of Horror - An Old-School Inspired, Third Person Survival Horror

Another little screenie, to pave the road to Kickstarter :slight_smile: (we’re bound to start a campaign in the first days of June!)

This one’s already from our trailer.

And here it is the big day! We’re now on Kickstarter with a brand new trailer!

Aaand… we’re also on Steam Greenlight!](Steam Community :: Error)

Greenlight.png](Steam Community :: Error)

Looks ! Backed on Kickstarter!

Am I detecting an Edward Gorey influence here?

Thanks a lot, Professor! (We’re honored that this one was your first post also!)

I didn’t have the pleasure of knowing Edward Gorey’s work, but thanks for the eye opener! I’ll have to check him out. For the drawings, we inspired ourselves on a creepy-but-intriguing card deck from an artist I can’t remember right now (hope my teammate Ignacio who’s in charge of the drawings can help me out here. He might have been inspired by Gorey now that we took a peek). The poetry is all our own :).

Edit: Indeed!! the card deck Ignacio took inspiration from was created by Edward Gorey! Bullseye :D.

New screenshot! What’s the matter, Etienne?

Friends of mine in real life, met them when i was doing the UE4 course in the university. cool guys.

¡Thanks, V! :slight_smile:

Update! We were Greenlit in 5 days and here are a couple more shots :).

ca9d305cb972fa6194f8784503354167c2573e30.jpeg

Congratulations! :slight_smile:

Thanks! We were so surprised by it :D.

Well, our Kickstarter didn’t go well, but it’s not the end! We’re on our way to a playable demo and hopefully a re-launch :).

In the meantime, here’s a screenshot of the high-poly version of our 4th playable character, Alexander Laskin!

969d1b72919d37f2f2e7d05fe871beae65f98bfb.jpeg

We have redesigned our inventory system’s looks. Now you can examine every item in 3D much easier and quicker, and also toy with them at the very center of the screen :3.

Sorry to hear about the Kickstarter. This game is looking absolutely great and I cannot wait to play it once it’s finished! Keep up the good work! And by the way, that inventory system looks so good. :smiley:

Thanks friend! It’s no problem, June was a very stacked month, we were newbies and we weren’t able to secure coverage by any major news sites outside of Spain. We are going to keep working hard, try to get more exposure (contests, events) and get a working demo to try again around October :).

Impressive looking great. Hope I can get my game looking this good and creepy!

@totallysane thank you! If we can help you out with something just shoot me a PM :).

Riding on the wave of the inventory system changes, we applied the same logic to the Documents. Now you will not only be able to read them but also examine them in 3D and rotate them to see what’s on the front and what’s on the back. Here’s a screenshot with a test document.

924f99afba77ed5316a2ca147d3ea5dc020b8e43.jpeg

Thanks for the sharing. :smiley:

**Big news!! We are on Kickstarter again! Will you check us out? :slight_smile: **

Here’s our brand new trailer and screenshots! And… our playable demo is a couple weeks away or so. We have reworked our entire animation and inventory systems and added the first incarnation of the Presence, a dynamic AI that will haunt the player in horrific and unexpected ways.