something wrong with android GOOGLEPAD plugin, fast-follow and on-demand cannot packaging

i follow the doc Google Play Asset Delivery Reference | Unreal Engine Documentation

install time pack is no any wrong just the fast-follow and on demand pack cannot packaging ,when i packaging it got this error:

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): * What went wrong:
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Execution failed for task ‘:app:linkReleaseManifestForAssetPacks’.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): > Multiple task action failures occurred:
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): > Android resource linking failed
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Y:\app\build\intermediates\asset_pack_manifests\release\out\assetpacks\fast-follow\pakchunk2-Android_ETC2\AndroidManifest.xml:1: AAPT: error: attribute ‘split’ in tag is not a valid split name.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): 64 actionable tasks: 64 executed
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): > Android resource linking failed
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Y:\app\build\intermediates\asset_pack_manifests\release\out\assetpacks\on-demand\pakchunk1-Android_ETC2\AndroidManifest.xml:1: AAPT: error: attribute ‘split’ in tag is not a valid split name.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): * Try:
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): BUILD FAILED in 1m 5s

asset path is correct , build.gradle file i also doing right, data asset not problem , project setting not problem,all of the doc say i am already does.

Look like the chuck pak file have some problem there , is it a bug or something i am wrong?

Hi,
Do you have any progress? I have problem with this too.

I had same problem. It occurs if [[assetpackname] is wrong. In my case [assetpackname] starts with number (eg. 0, 1]. In your case, “-” in [pakchunk2-Android_ETC2] may be wrong. Change [assetpackname] something like pakchunk2. It would work.

I’m curious to hear did you get fast-follow working? I dont have problem to create aab package with fast-follow.
But i cant use content inside it.
I get this: LogStreaming: Error: This will hitch streaming because it ends up searching the disk instead of finding the file in the pak file.

I’ve tried mount pak file and without (if i understand right fast-follow shouldn’t even need mounting). I dunno anubodu who use fast-follow successfully :sweat_smile:

I think I found the solution! For Google PAD to work, you need to add the “android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” permissions to the manifest. This worked for me for fast-follow method.
Then you need to mount the pak file like this:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you have to grant this permission in blueprint

For example, if i want to open level2, should I implement those blueprint functions (to get the location of the asset packs) inside the level blueprint of level2 map?