Some stupid Chunks in SkeletalMesh LOD0 - how to fix them ?? FBX import from Maya

Hello

Could You please tell me why some chunks appear on imported skeletal mesh in a first place :? They are different to material ID, and they are not set by any person.

We import regular skeletal mesh from maya via fbx, 90% animations, blend shapes and meshes looks fine, but those chunks - ?? Why they appear ??? It can be found in LOD0. Maya mesh inspections doesn’t show anything “wrongdoing” , same mesh imported to 3DMAx also doesn’t show separation in those paces, no hard edges, proper UVs.

I’ve found similar issue from 7years ago Maya skeletal mesh importing with messed up chunks but there is no much more info about this problem since.

Help will be highly appreciated!

Heyo

It’s kinda sad no Epic Devs go weekly through posts and help with particularly UE problems. Maybe there is better way to get help than forum :face_with_peeking_eye: never thought about it this way…

I still Love You Devs. Not because I have to, but because what You do is truly AMAIZING.

Anyway, we’ve moved Heaven and Earth, and one of our r’n’d masters came up with engine settings that fixed chunking problem. Enjoy :wink:

r.GPUSkin.Support16BitBoneIndex=True
r.GPUSkin.UnlimitedBoneInfluences=True
r.SkinCache.BlendUsingVertexColorForRecomputeTangents=2
r.SkinCache.CompileShaders=True
r.SkinCache.DefaultBehavior=0
SkeletalMesh.UseExperimentalChunking=1