Some scoped weapons are broken since the latest update.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Character

Summary

The character can be seen when using the scope on certain weapons including snipers and assault rifles. The character sometimes completely covers the scope making it impossible to aim.

Steps to Reproduce

Use scoped weapons in edit mode or in the island code below.
So far I can narrow this down to scoped weapons that were introduced more recently (ch4/5)

Expected Result

When aiming you can see clearly through the weapons scope.

Observed Result

The character can be seen in the weapons scope, thus obstructing the players view while aiming.
3 examples are posted in this thread on X: https://x.com/TreiConfidence/status/1786507194898186486

Platform(s)

All

Island Code

6531-0329-3393

Here is another video of the issue.

1 Like

FORT-742059 incident has been created. Status is ‘Needs Triage’.

@kalishane_eg @Flak

I have received further information from another creator regarding this issue.
It seems the bug is affecting fortnite creative more than UEFN.

From what I can tell, it’s happening in creative itself, and published maps made with creative 1.0 - while published maps made with UEFN seem to be unaffected.

I have further tested this, and can confirm that in creative 1.0 the bug is present in edit mode AND in private/published islands.

In UEFN, the bug is only present in edit mode and not in private/published islands.

I am having this same issue. I just spent 2 days trying to figure out why chapter 5 weapons are broken on my map as of when the star wars update came out.

1 Like

Bumping huge issue affecting players and plays in 1.0 maps. Needs addressing asap. 1.0 should not be forgotten or left behind this is the stepping stone for new upcoming creators to step into UEFN. 1.0 is becoming more and more buggy by the day. I’m only still in 1.0 due to save data not being transferred into UEFN.

1 Like

@kalishane_eg @Flak Is there anywhere we can check the progress of this report please?
Is it still causing problems in published creative 1.0 islands which is affecting player experience.
Thanks.

1 Like

Checking

1 Like

We’ve been able to repro here and the team is working on a fix.

1 Like

Thank you for the update!