Some Post-processing effects not working

Certain effects like Bloom, Vignette and Lens flares do not work even with a post-process volume maxing all intensities. Others like AO and DOF work fine…

• Scalability settings are at Epic
  • Camera settings not affecting results
  • All effects are ticked in the ‘Show’ toolbar
  • all ticked in the project settings, rendering menu…

Any help is appreciated.

My scene screenshot

Hey Brucey540 -

Can you let me know what version of the editor that you are using and the basic project setup you have, types of lights used and what unbound post process volume settings you are using?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hi Eric,

I am using 4.7 Preview but the issue existed in older versions as far as 4.5 or older.

However, I seem to have it working now by copy/pasting the Global PostProcess volume from the Mountains Landscape example project. I also deleted my older volumes and matched render settings in the project settings menu. After a reset, it seems to be working perfectly.

Sorry I don’t know exactly what fixed the issue but thanks for your reply.

Cheers,
Rob

Hey Rob -

I am glad you are up and running again. It sounds like it might have just been a project corruption issue which you eliminated by reimporting the new Global PP. If you comes across this issue again, try to delete the Saved, Intermediate and if there is one DerivedDataCache sub folders from your project file which will force the engine to recompile all rendering aspects of the project.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hey Eric,

I’ve also had this problem on previous versions of the engine and now on 4.7 (preview 5). As suggested I deleted the saved and intermediate folders but the majority of post process effects don’t seem to be working (vignette for example). Infact the only one I can see working is DoF.

I might be wrong but I think on 4.6 this was an issue if you had Mobile HDR disabled, and effects wouldn’t work in the editor. Regardless of settings I now can’t solve the problem. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Paul.

…hmm, on a second attempt it’s now working…

If anyone else has this problem, I think the way to solve it is to first ensure you have mobile HDR enabled, save, close the editor (I also closed the launcher this time but I’d be very surprised if that was the solution) and then delete the folders mentioned above before restarting.

Thank you Monophobe, that was my problem, that HDR setting was off