Some lightning issues

Hi I am having some lightning issues

1 I added a sun and light with the sun plugin to have a longitude and latidute reference for sun position , though when I add light it is 75000 lux, I had to scale it down up to 150 lux to not have an overbright scene, but in real life accordingto the sun position I read should be about 40000 and 80000 lux ? …

Also I have added postprocess , and rest of settings are from sun and light at default …

then I have those light bleeds …

and also those reflections seem not very good with strange dusty look …

can you help me understand how to improve ? and how to set a lightning that goes well and is realistic both for exterior and for interiors?

this is a test with just and only efault directional light in the scene , why its illuminating the inside of that furniture ?

this is the one I have used as tutorial …

1 Like

Make sure your walls/ceiling meet in the corners and don’t extend beyond each other, and then also make sure that walls have thickness and an outer surface.

the walls or balconyes are thick and they end where the other wall is starting , its made of a single item though with like extruded and intruded parts, should they all be different blocks?

If you’re using baked lighting then the issue you’ll run into is that you can’t get enough lighting detail because it can only have one lightmap for a mesh and you can get to a point where even a high resolution lightmap won’t be enough for a large, complex mesh. Typically you’d split things up by materials and if there are interiors you would separate each room and maybe even separate the walls from the ceiling/floor.
Also, if you changed any of the lighting settings you might want to change it back to the defaults, if this is the first time you’ve done something like this then it’s best to start with the defaults and then look at tutorials and test changes if you see problems or if you have an idea of something different you want to do.

No I am using global light illumination with lumen . here another image, I just dropped in a normal default directional light and I get this issue, I tried modifying the model adding double walls, extruding the balconies inside more, detaching them and making them a secondary object, nothing changes from a distance I always get this light bleed… how can I solve it?

here I am adding a portion of the model , so may be someone could test if there is an issue in the mesh itself?

testpalace.fbx (222.1 KB)

here tests I did with the directional light …

For Lumen you’d still need to split up the model because it uses Mesh Distance Fields as a way to simplify the geometry for the dynamic lighting system. With interiors it also needs to be split up more for Lumen because it has some querks that can happen.

1 Like

What do you mean by split ? What size or how needs to be cut the geometry?

You had said it’s all one object, you can’t do that, you need to split it up into multiple separate meshes. At the very least interiors will need to be separated from exteriors.
Lumen can have problems with interiors also if too many pieces are a single mesh, so you’ll need to split it up further.

Oh the interiors are separate block , would this building need to be cut wall by wall ? Or even more ?