Some assets don't load in on Mobile

We have an experience that works fine on all platforms apart from Mobile. UEFN previews the Android (both versions) with no issues but on an actual device multple meshes are missing.

Some instances of the missing meshes do load in in other locations on the map.
Most of the missing meshes are Fortnite native.
There is no discernable difference in the details of meshes that do load in v. meshes that don’t
The world is set to stream
HLOD has been built.

In the above picture, the Skull loads in, but the post and rock do not - however the post successfully loads in elsewhere in the level.

The view distance is large enough that these assets should not dissapear (and the skull doesn’t and it shares roughly the same coordinates).

Here’s how it looks on Mobile:

how it should appear:

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

@DubitMike Thank you for your report! We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here? Fortnite Creative

I’ve submitted a bug. I do wonder if it’s anything to do with the fact we’ve scaled up the Fortnite native assets significantly to repurpose them as it also seems to mess with their collision boxes.

Have you tried different meshes to see if it still occurs? Ideally something that doesn’t need scaled as much.

Are you able to test on Switch? PC Performance mode? These may help identify whether it’s mobile specific or due to LOD/distance logic.

Will test on the switch tomorrow.

The meshes that dont load in seem to be a mix of fortnite native and our own custom meshes.

This used to be an FC1.0 map, so most of the scaling on the native pieces was done in creative 1.0

Looks like it’s something to do with this setting:

Changing it from Free to None adds the mesh to the scene

Note - we hadn’t touched these, these settings were carried over with the conversion from FC1.0 of this level

How do we control LOD/distance logic? I’m getting nothing but fits with no comprehension in the distance render settings and how some objects render far away and some don’t. Changing all of the available LOD/distance settings on the objects or in settings doesn’t have any effect.

1 Like