- Set camera arm at 45° angle, 70000 units far from a floor plane
- Set field of view to 5°. (setup for an isometric game, as suggested everywhere)
- Trace from cursor with “Get Hit Result Under Cursor by Channel”
- Use “Draw Debug Point” to visualize where it hits
- Start the game and move cursor around
You’ll see something like this (large vertical gaps):
What’s going on? My traces jump 100 units vertically, like there’s missing space.
I’ve tried AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV in config, and “Enable FoV scaling” in project settings. Nothing made any difference whatsoever.
The point of the camera setup is to approximate orthogonal camera (isometric game) but work around missing dynamic shadows and screen-space reflections. This is killing the whole approach in my opinion.
Thanks for any suggestions.