[Solved]My Nav Mesh Bounds Volume isn't showing green on top of collider boxes

This solved it: Creating collision on static meshes - World Creation - Epic Developer Community Forums

I’m not sure what happened or what I did to change settings something for my Nav Mesh, but the Nav Mesh is not rendering a green area where my colliders are set up on my level. This is causing my (very simple) AI to not move to the character using the Simple Move to Actor function.

As you can see in my screen cap, the Nav Mesh is showing green on the bottom of my colliders and not the top. However, the Nav Mesh works properly if I use a box brush as the floor and place my actors on top. Has anyone run in to this problem before or does anyone know how to fix it?

1 Like

Hi Chimps,

What are you using for you colliders; standard Blocking Volumes?

Even if Auto Update Navmesh is on, make sure you build your level. This will sometimes clear up navmesh errors. If that doesn’t work, try deleting the NavMeshBoundsVolume and the RecastNavMesh, then replacing it.

Post back and let us know your results.

Cheers,

TJ

Thanks for responding.
I solved this by using the method in this post that I found after some more digging around. Creating collision on static meshes - World Creation - Epic Developer Community Forums

I’m confused. How did that thread help? That link is just about getting collision on meshes. Please explain.

Hallo,

i am not sure, but the “green” area was also not displaed. But after building the navigation worked.

If someone still has this problem. First be sure you have your navigation view on, pressing P. Then scale up your NavMeshBoundVolume, cover up a good area from of your StaticMesh. If after that no green or red area appears, the problem is that your Static Mesh has no collision primitives. On the Static Mesh’s editor, check if you have Collision Primitives > 0. If not, you can add collision boxes on the collision menu, or redo your static mesh in your 3d modeling program and add it there.
Another option, in the case you don’t want to add collision on your static mesh, is to add BlockVolumes boxes on your level, scale it properly and make sure it’s within the high level of your NavMeshBoundVolume, that should do the job!!

2 Likes

Help Nav Mesh Bounds Volume

Can anyone help me solve this error in Nave Bound volumes does not look green. I already pressed “P”
please

I know its been some time, but it can be helpful for someone. Make your Nav Mesh touch the floor and press key, mines was a little bit off the floor so whe I pressed P nothing happened.

1 Like

no just make it stick to the ground and it will do it

In UE4.27 I didn’t have this issue.
When I migrated to 5.1, i did and this actually helped: the meshes without primitive collisions failed so I had to add it. ty

For me helped setting in mesh edit settings to Use Complex Collision As Simple