Solved : Cant Enable RayTracing in UE5 (gtx 1060)(Nvidia Pascal)

upd. SOLVED. Ray Tracing now works in UE 5.1 preview. Needs lates windows update 21H2

I feel dumb for not keeping a copy of the DLL, lost it after updating today to 5.1 P2, the wetransfer link has expired already :frowning:

Here is the file that @KrasheRXD compiled for the Unreal Engine 5.1 Preview 1. It works with the Preview 2 version, but we may still need a ‘proper’ one (compiled specifically for P2):

UnrealEditor-D3D12RHI.dll (2.2 MB)

2 Likes

ah my bad, didn’t know wetransfer links expire after such short time, i would reupload the .dll but i have deleted the custom build as i got my gpu upgraded recently

Thanks for the feedback on this important topic.
When trying to use the dll that JohnDow posted get the following error

DLL_entryPoint

I assume the only option is to recompile from source ?

Confirmed works with latest 5.1 preview (as of Oct 30). as per [KrasheRXD]. Needs compilation as simply copying the .dll didn’t work for me.
And ditto
"would like to know what raytracing features are locked behind “tier 1.1 raytracing”

As an aiside this change also affects those with slightly newer GPU architecture than GTX Pascal. In my case I have twin Titan Volta cards. Don’t ask how much I paid for them!! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Which branch has the 5.1 preview source? “5.1”? “master”?

not work, reupload plz!

Same error on rtx 3080. Also get this error when close Unreal Engine 5.1:

LoginId:61e5e0634c7478130b706f9fc56898df
EpicAccountId:233249e1054b444281c6682f489eaa5e

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000000000a8

UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI!FD3D12MultiBuddyAllocator::ReleaseAllResources() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Allocation.cpp:784]
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI!FD3D12Adapter::~FD3D12Adapter() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12Adapter.cpp:1336]
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI!FWindowsD3D12Adapter::`scalar deleting destructor'()
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI!TArray<TSharedPtr<FD3D12Adapter,1>,TSizedDefaultAllocator<32> >::~TArray<TSharedPtr<FD3D12Adapter,1>,TSizedDefaultAllocator<32> >() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h:649]
UnrealEditor_D3D12RHI!FD3D12DynamicRHIModule::`scalar deleting destructor'()
UnrealEditor_Core!FModuleManager::UnloadModulesAtShutdown() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Modules\ModuleManager.cpp:816]
UnrealEditor!FEngineLoop::Exit() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:4646]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMain() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:216]
UnrealEditor!GuardedMainWrapper() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:107]
UnrealEditor!LaunchWindowsStartup() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:244]
UnrealEditor!WinMain() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:282]
UnrealEditor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [D:\a\_work\1\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

WUT??? This thread is about re-enabling ‘software’ raytracing support for the people with GTX cards. You have RTX3080 - you don’t need that.

1 Like

ok, sorry, just got the same message in log “LogRHI: D3D12 is not supported, falling back to D3D11 with Feature Level SM5” and raytracing doesn’t work even though I have rtx3080 and RT is working fine in 5.0

Work fine for Me…Big Thanks

5.1 just released, I’m building a new DLL. I’ll get back to you guys and upload it here.

2 Likes

I present to you, UE5.1 path tracing enabled DLL. Just finished. Also on my GitHub.

Happy rendering!

15 Likes

Thats really cool, much thanks. And so quick!
Now i can finally use UE5 for Path Tracing on my good old GTX 1080.

2 Likes

likewise

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Win 10 / RTX4090. LogRHI: D3D12 is not supported but working fine in 5.0.
kotn3l’s dll doesn’t help.

Hi @avizua this is channel is
Solved : Cant Enable RayTracing in UE5 (gtx 1060)(Nvidia Pascal)

for RTX4090 you will need
Epic’s GPUlightmass - Development / Rendering - Unreal Engine Forums

1 Like

Yes, this dll makes no difference on RTX cards. It also doesn’t matter if you have my dll or the original.