Solid particle path line

How to get solid path line like in ufo

All I managed to achieve with some beam emitters it’s ragged lines

I think this can be done just by using one emitter and dynamically changing of interpolation points, but I can’t figure out how to do this.

Hey Givy -

I helped TheJamsh out here, Getting a Beam Particle to Follow a Spline - Rendering - Unreal Engine Forums , with this issue but you can smooth out the splines by increasing the number of interpolation points.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

I saw this answer, but I’m talking about this gaps, how to remove it?

Hey Givy -

Those gaps are created because there is technically 3 different beam that make that spline shape. However, if you use the changes to the source and target tangents and strengths you should be able to manipulate a single beam to generate a shape shown in your example above. I would probably make the beam an actor to actor with a user defined tangent and strength.

Tangent will determine how the beam bends and in what axial direction it bends so Positive Y value means the beam will bend toward the Positive Y Axis while a Negative Y value will make the beam bend away from Positive Y axis.

Strength determines how close the bend in the beam is to the source or target (depending).

You will need to manipulate both in order to get the ultimate look you are after.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

I figured this out.

Hi, could I ask how you solved this?

I was able to set the tangents correctly, but due to each emitter having its own alignment, the intersection between 2 beams ends up breaking all the same: