Softlocking has returned.

Summary

Game softlocks after exiting a test game.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Steps to Reproduce

Start a Test game.
End the Test.
Does not return to editing sometimes.

Expected Result

Start Test game.
End the Test.
Return to editing.

Observed Result

Game softlocks and doesnt allow you to leave causing you to close the game and bugging out the map when you return.

Platform(s)

PS5

Upload an image

Video

Additional Notes

Maybe its because of the disappearing walls? They are unable to be touched with the phone tool and do not show up in the walls gallery. It only happens on this island with the new Stone Sanctuary set so far.

Thanks for the report
I’m escalating this internally

Hi @Gehr,

We’re working on reproducing this and wanted to confirm the steps match what you’re seeing. Here’s the steps we’re running:

  1. Created a fresh Creative island.
  2. Placed the Stone Sanctum Temple prefab on the island.
  3. Started a test game (Options → Start Game), then ended it (Options → End Game), and repeated that cycle several times.
  4. Ran this on PS5, and again on PC.

Could you confirm whether these steps line up with how it happens for you, or if there’s a step we’re missing? One thing that would help a lot: is the island where this happens a brand-new one, or one you’ve been building and reopening over multiple sessions?

I was able to replicate it. I did use an older island I reverted back to default for the original post. But I just made a new Island and did the same thing and it still softlocked.
My exact steps:

  1. Placed down Stone Sanctuary Floor gallery.
  2. Placed down Stone Sanctuary Walls gallery.
  3. Placed down Stone Sanctuary prefab.
  4. Placed spawner in front of one of the disappearing walls.
  5. Started game.
  6. Hit disappearing wall with pickaxe
  7. Ended game.

I was editing in a different map all night last night and no soft locks. Now I think this softlock is because of the disappearing wall being damaged. I was able to start and stop games without touching it. Then when I pickaxed it I got softlocked. Without fail, after hitting the disappearing wall, I get softlocked.

Upon further testing, it does not completely softlock you. You do go back to editing after a minute or two but it does take a long while before going back to editing.

1 Like

Thank you!

With this our QA team was able to reproduce the issue.
We’ll have this looked into and fixed

FORT-1154642 has been added to our ‘To Do’ list. Someone’s been assigned this task.