Snappy Roads Blueprint Tool: Announce and Support Thread

@Maximum-Dev You can try and do the same thing using Landscape Splines and see if you get similar results. Maybe it has something to do with how your landscape material was set up.

Spline becomes laggy to move around when you have too much road/extra components on it, it does not depend on how many points a spline has. I’m going to implement On/Off toggle for performance heavy computations and look into how things may be better optimized. As a workaround you can temporarily set Spline->XScale to a large value, greater value results in greater performance. Also disable all ‘Spline Extra’ stuff.
It is not recommended to have very long roads with many components anyway, if you do, you may consider merging them into static meshes as a final step.

Best Regards

@ricosrealm Hello, it is 100% blueprint. If UE4 supports Linux, then it should work.

Best Regards

How are the collision boxes on the road meshes meant to be used?

All the mesh seems to simply have had Generated 26-DOF boxes on them which does not match the road surface. The Highway is essentially a box as high as the cement barriers which just acts as a wall.

You will also need to set “Use Complex Collision As Simple” in Static Mesh Editor(for each mesh) or in Project Settings(for the whole project).

That’s what I thought, thank you.

I’ve been putting box primitives instead right now.

@GlimpseOfDawn
Hey man, thanks for that great tool! I’m working on a project of a really huge development, and SR is super mega hyper handly tool for it. The only problem is that I have to model custom crossroads because all the roads are radial and there are no regular X or T shaped crossroads on the whole lot.
So my question is - when are you going to release the update with intersection tool? I just need to know the date to decide if I have to model all of 100500 crossroads, or to wait a couple of days for the update.

Many thanks once again wor your great work. Rock on!

Hey @ASLNKW, thanks!

Probably around the end of August.

Best Regards

Hello! Is it possible to change size between elements on spline or extraspline? Thanks!

looks cool asset but when i put my car to spline bridge in test map it walls/drop through spline road, how to adjust collision to road i have added all road meshes collisions

@tero83
Thanks! Set Road Actors’ Spline->CollisionPreset property to “BlockAll” to enable collision. You will also need to set “Use Complex Collision As Simple” in Static Mesh Editor(or Project Settings) for road and intersection meshes.

@Maximum_Yoba
Hello, it is not possible to manually adjust distance(spacing) between road segments or Extra
Spline segments. It is only supported for Extra Static Meshes for now.

Best Regards

Hello! Is it planning in future to do it? It very necessary option, thanks!

Hello! It is not a priority at the moment, but I will consider your request in the future.

Best Regards,
GlimpseOfDawn

Can you please tell me if the lane boundaries for each lane represented? For example, for a straight lane, just having the xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax is sufficient, however, for a curved (non-straight) lane, what would the “boundaries” be?

The lane boundaries are represented by an offset from a road spline.

Best Regards,
GlimpseOfDawn

Hi - am i using Snappy Roads in unreal 4.20.1 but i can not find the ‘optional’ section so I can add street lights following the tutorial on your support page. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi,when i placed a car on the road made by BP_SnappyRoad, No collision happened and the car dropped.However, the collision worked normally when i wrote a test splinemesh BP using the same mesh model .Then,I added a node called SetCollisionEnabled after SetStartAndEnd node and Change collsion to BLOCKALL in BP_SnappyRoad,but IT DID NOT work ,too.I am confused about what 's wrong with the code.Any Solution?THX very much.
PS:Any more T_ intersection mesh except 1X1 to update in package?

Hi @davidtully13, its called “Mesh Extra”.

Best Regards

Hi @DanteIntoDive,
Hello, this is because Road Actor’s Spline->CollisionPreset property is set to “OverlapAll” by default. Set it to “BlockAll” to enable collision. You may also want to set “Use Complex Collision As Simple” in Static Mesh Editor for road and intersection meshes as a temporary workaround. Many new intersections with custom collision meshes are going to be added soon.

Best Regards

I cannot figure out on how to adjust the terrain height with world composition… Won’t that work?
If I try selecting the terrain on the Landscape section I got the “prohibited” cursor… Word composition with seamless landscapes is a must for me, it seems that I cannot use it at all. :frowning: It worked only on the first tile, not on the other sublevels.

@marquinhosxp Right click on landscape -> Transform -> Uncheck ‘Lock Actor Movement’

Best Regards