Smooth Zoom Actor Component Plugin

Yes, please, new compiled version would be very welcome… :slight_smile:

Sure… I’ll work on it this weekend… Sorry for the delayed response.

teak

Updated to 4.19. Head here to grab: Release SmoothZoom v1.42 · teak421/SmoothZoom · GitHub

Just put the contents of this directory into your PLUGINS folder and when the editor loads it will ask you to compile. Sorry for the long delay in updates.

teak

Thank You for 4.19 version! Thumbs up :wink:

Could you please tell me why do I receive this error on every project launch ?

Thank you

You get this error because I did not release the binaries, just the source code. You only have to compile once and then it will work without issue… What happens when you answer YES to that setting? Note: If your project is Blueprint only, the compile will not work…in that case, you need to setup a C++ development environment.

teak

Thank you for your reply !

I created a c++ file and tried to build and rebuild project from visual studio, still, same issue :confused:

First, this error appears
6d2bf365a7fa45504084134e621b536c.png

After clicking yes, the error above appears
d4605d353f5a639e39bfffa7e58c3edc.png

I tried clicking on rebuild source files and rebuilding/building from visual studio.
Am I doing something wrong ? :confused:

EDIT :
Never mind, I managed to solve this since I was being stupid :smiley: Thank you !

Glad you got it… Let me know if you need any other assistance… Take care.

teak

New version has been released:

• Support for v4.22
  • Added a prt check for SpringArm (when its not been setup correctly).

Get the latest version here: GitHub - teak421/SmoothZoom: Smooth Zoom Plugin for Unreal Engine 4.26

Thanks.

teak

The Smooth Camera Zoom is now out for version 4.24… Check it out here: Release SmoothZoom 2.0 (4.24) · teak421/SmoothZoom · GitHub

Questions? Let me know… Thanks.

teak

It’s great! Thank you for share it as a free plugin)

Updated for 4.25. Check out here: GitHub - teak421/SmoothZoom: Smooth Zoom Plugin for Unreal Engine 4.26

teak

Hi teak,

I’m using the latest version on 4.26 and it crashes the play in editor as soon as I scroll the mouse wheel to zoom in/out:

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000228

UE4Editor_SmoothZoom!USmoothZoomComponent::SmoothCameraZoom() [D:\Documents\Unreal Projects\BotF\Plugins\SmoothZoom\Source\SmoothZoom\Private\SmoothZoomComponent.cpp:50]
UE4Editor_SmoothZoom!USmoothZoomComponent::execSmoothCameraZoom() [D:\Documents\Unreal Projects\BotF\Plugins\SmoothZoom\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Inc\SmoothZoom\SmoothZoomComponent.gen.cpp:29]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\Class.cpp:5588]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:990]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessContextOpcode() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:2863]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessLocalScriptFunction() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:1060]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessScriptFunction<void (__cdecl*)(UObject *,FFrame &,void *)>() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:891]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessLocalFunction() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:1121]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessLocalScriptFunction() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:1060]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessInternal() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:1148]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\Class.cpp:5588]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessEvent() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\UObject\ScriptCore.cpp:1985]
UE4Editor_Engine!AActor::ProcessEvent() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp:864]
UE4Editor_Engine!FInputActionUnifiedDelegate::Execute() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Components\InputComponent.h:302]
UE4Editor_Engine!UPlayerInput::ProcessInputStack() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\UserInterface\PlayerInput.cpp:1379]
UE4Editor_Engine!APlayerController::ProcessPlayerInput() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\PlayerController.cpp:2531]
UE4Editor_Engine!APlayerController::TickPlayerInput() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\PlayerController.cpp:4550]
UE4Editor_Engine!APlayerController::PlayerTick() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\PlayerController.cpp:2179]
UE4Editor_Engine!APlayerController::TickActor() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\PlayerController.cpp:4702]
UE4Editor_Engine!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\Actor.cpp:173]
UE4Editor_Engine!FTickFunctionTask::DoTask() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp:284]
UE4Editor_Engine!TGraphTask<FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\TaskGraphInterfaces.h:886]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:709]
UE4Editor_Core!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:601]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Async\TaskGraph.cpp:1525]
UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp:564]
UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\TickTaskManager.cpp:1578]
UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::RunTickGroup() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\LevelTick.cpp:782]
UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::Tick() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\LevelTick.cpp:1457]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\EditorEngine.cpp:1720]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\UnrealEdEngine.cpp:426]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\LaunchEngineLoop.cpp:4834]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp:169]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:137]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp:268]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\5\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

Can you post a screenshot of the blueprint setup of SmoothZoom?

Will this work for 4.26?

Doesn’t want to work with 4.26.2 :frowning: