Smoke Filled Room Effect

I am trying to create a level that simulates a room catching on fire and smoke building up in the room. I have played with the particle effects, but those don’t seem to get the desired effect. I have also started trying out the Exponential Height Fog and that is getting closer. I can place that and control it through blueprints to increase its density, but it doesn’t really have a “smokey” look to it. Maybe I need some sort of post process that just simulates a smokey effect on the camera, but I’m not sure how to go about it. Ideally it would be nice to create some blueprint that creates volumetric fog to fill a room.

Does anyone have any ideas that may help me out? I’ve searched a bunch of times but can’t seem to find anything that discusses something like this.

Try using 3D noise encoded in a volume texture, with some sort of coverage function.

Hm, those were a bunch of words I don’t fully understand. I’ve never worked with 3D noise. Is there any documentation out there on how to create that? I can’t seem to find anything that specifically talks about it.