Slowing down player walk/run speed

Hi Oculus developers. First time using an Unreal Engine. Just been quickly looking for character speed control, I’m trying to get the walk and run speed significantly slower for realism. I’ll post here if I find a solution…

Found it! … Content Browser > Game > Blueprints > FirstPersonCharacter > WIndow > My BluePrint > Show Inherented Variables > Character > Character Movement > Default Value > Character Movement > multitude of adjustable settings. :wink:

thanks so much you should post that in the main section as it can be useful for not just VR.

I also was curious how to change the movement speed, thanks for this. Did you find the variable for the rotation/look though? I think that’s still a bit fast, since the screen can’t seem to update quickly enough and it lags a bit.

Noob question here, but how do you get the “> FirstPersonCharacter > WIndow > My BluePrint > Show Inherented Variables > Character > Character Movement > Default Value > Character Movement > multitude of adjustable settings.”? Because I don’t have those in my template.

If you are just getting started with VR, I would highly recommend looking at the template talked about in this string, https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?12874-VR-Game-Template
Read through it, and you will find a lot of items and solutions to what you will be coming up against.