I’m currently compiling the engine from source that I forked on GitHub. I would like to slim down the engine compile time and size by removing platforms I’m not interested in. So far I’ve done the following:
- When using Setup.bat: added -exclude="…" for all the platforms I don’t want.
- In TargetPlatform.Build.cs: commented out all ‘DynamicallyLoadedModuleNames.Add("…");’ that deal with platforms I don’t want, like “AndroidTargetPlatform”.
- In UnrealBuildTool.cs: changed the ‘static public UnrealTargetPlatform] AllPlatforms’ array to contain only the platforms I want.
- In the AllDesktop.Automation.cs: commented out the Mac and Linux enum’s from the “GetStagePlatforms()” ovveride function.
- In the UE4.sln, unloaded the unwanted projects under Programs/Automation like “Android.Autiomation”.
Beyond that I’m abit clueless, or not even sure if what I just described will have the correct effect. Does anyone have experience with this?
(FYI, the only platforms I’m interested in are Win32/Win64)