Skysphere & Mesh LOD

Hi guys,

I have some questions :slight_smile:
I’m working on an VR environment experience for mobile phone (year-end project) and i would like some feedback on “how to do it”
The environment would be a static 360 skysphere within some interactive 3D models (just a hover/highlight/outline with text). So what i have in mind :

• Create the scene within UE with top notch quality/light
  • Export the scene in a 360 HDR/quater map
  • Bake some 3d model from the scene, via the “render to texture” process, in order to use them later inside the mobile version with the previous skysphere for a “good looking” render.

The point is, that i have some difficulties to understand the “render to texture” process.
1st point : Is there some kind of newbie step by step tutorial, somewhere beside the webinar from Epic ??
2nd point : Like i said, the final project would be for mobile phone, so i couldn’t use the “high poly” mesh (15-20K per object) from the scene. May i use the mesh LOD optimizer from UE in order to decrease the 3D mesh polycount, without fuckup the uv map (0-1)??? Does it work ? Or i have to work with a low poly mesh version from the beginning (for the “interactive” mesh; i mean).

Thanks for your feedbacks !