Skylight "Real Time Capture" does not working

Hey I’m trying to use the new “Real Time Capture” function of Skylight to make a simple day-night cycle. But it doesn’t seem to do anything. I still need to manually call the Recapture to update Is there anything other than checking the “Real Time Capture” tickbox or did it got disabled or something?

I’ve been having weird issues with skylights and reflection capture, I wonder if it’s something with this version of Unreal?

Similar issue, I believe. Make sure you check that the skylight is on Stationary or Moveable…

My issue is that I’m trying to use physically based lighting, and the exposure is just going wild. I set everything in the auto-exposure correctly, but now when I turn on Real Time Capture for the skylight, only a small region (around what I believe are the coordinates of the lightmass importance volume or the postprocessing volume) is actually rendered within a sensible exposure range.

Seems like the clouds are contributing to real time reflections though, when enabled

Well, it seems that making it Moveable works… so just avoid Stationary if you want Real Time Capture

1 Like

This doen’t work for me - don’t know why. Even the movable option for my skylights is not refreshing them in realtime. I need to keep hitting Real Time Capture tickebox all teh time. What should I do to make it work properly?

I was having the same problem, make sure your scalability settings are high enough, it looks like effects needs to be set to at least high for the skylight to update in real time.

2 Likes

Wow, thank you! I was trying to figure this out all morning and it totally was my engine scalability settings.

In case someone else runs into this in the future, here is where you can change your engine scalability settings: