Sky Creator

Thanks for your reply! Sounds logical and I am happy to use your asset for other projects. :slight_smile:

Either Iā€™ve found a bug or Iā€™m missing something.

I used your SkyCreator_CinematicController to create my own BP to support blending from an array of presets instead of just two. Everything seems to work fine both in editor and ingame, but every time I restart the editor or load the map both the time and the weather preset are those set in the BP_SkyCreator Actor instead of those set in the controller.

ConstructionScript

A quick workaround is to set the UpdateWeather function to Call In Editor and manually run it once every time the map is loaded, but Iā€™d expect there to be a way to do this automatically.

There are no snow trails currently. But it absolutely support random weather and in fact weather conditions are very customizable and you can create as many as you want + you can easily integrate your own blueprint weather controller if you need to.

Holy cowā€¦ isā€¦ is that a kismet skin for UE4 editor? :open_mouth: :smiley:

Take a look at these:

Darker Nodes in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)
Electronic Nodes in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace (unrealengine.com)

1 Like

I honestly just hope that UE5 blueprint editor nodes get visual overhaul to be on par with the rest of UE5 UI theme :slight_smile:

@Dmitry_Karpukhin any tips on how to get this working?

Oh, I see it now, itā€™s actually a minor bug. In Sky Creator there are two variables ā€œEditor Weather Presetā€ and ā€œEditor Weather Settingsā€ and both runs via contruction script inside C++ despite any other controllers. Script is running as well when loading a map with Sky Creator. Iā€™ll try to fix it in the next update.
Really sorry for late answer!

No worries, thanks!

New update v1.11 is up with following changes:

• New Cloud settings for Sun Light & Moon Light
  • New Star Map Threshold settings
  • New Star Map Twinkle settings
  • Added ā€œUse Editor Time of Dayā€ & ā€œUse Editor Weather Settingsā€
  • Commented all visible variables
  • Unclamped variables where it was unnecessary
  • Added missing line ā€œSuper::GetLifetimeReplicatedProps(OutLifetimeProps)ā€ to the replication function
3 Likes

Hey @Dmitry_Karpukhin, 1.11 doesnā€™t seem to be available through the EGS. Maybe it just takes a while to update all regions?

Maybe it is! Already downloaded Sky Creator through EGS myself and no problem.

Thank you a lot for the ā€œNew Star Map Twinkle settingsā€!!! I hope that from Mac I can deploy for iPad. I will test it tomorrow but I see that Sky Creator is not compatible with mobileā€¦ I can use it on video 4k on Windows, but sparkling stars on Ipad is a dreamā€¦
And I hope that new next ripple function will works on water such as a pool or a lake too
Any news about VR compatibility? :smile:

Hi Dmitry,
if I change Exposition or Curve Exposition on stellar map appear this animatedā€¦ I thik itā€™s the function to make the stars sparkles (and the effect is great with some stars that have stellar flares too!) but itā€™s visible in the sky! The same NOT happen if I control Exposition of sky in post processing but I need more stars visible in the night skyā€¦
image|690x388

Hello! I wouldnā€™t expect it to be compatible with mobile anytime soon, because as I already have mentioned, Volumetric Clouds Component from Unreal Engine is not supporting mobile, but only desktop platforms. Same goes for mobile VR at this point. I can only guess that Epic donā€™t see that itā€™s viable because raymarching is a relatively expensive feature and itā€™s noticeable even for desktop GPUs like GTX 1060 not to mention mobile GPUs. Yes, it would be cool to see, but what can I do, Iā€™m sorry. Maybe you can make it working in PC VR, but I donā€™t know if itā€™s even doable and I canā€™t promise anything in this field.

Now regarding Star Map Twinkleā€¦ what the hellā€¦ Can you please show me your Star Map and Exposition Settings? I was unable to reproduce this yet.
P. S. Looks kinda cool though!

I change Brightness only from 1 to 10 on stellar mapā€¦

Hi Dmitry. As always great work with keeping these updates rolling! And I also wanted to report this minor Load Error I got after the latest 1.11 update (I donā€™t know if this is the best place to report these things? Sorry if itā€™s not):

@ADL67 but why would you do that? Itā€™s an HDR texture and the sky material depends on its values. Instead, please use Star Map Brightness parameter from Weather Presets to make star map more intense, I bet this is what you needed.

@ClaudioPiccinni haha, itā€™s one of noise textures in my project (from another amazing asset pack) I was scrolling through when developing star twinkle effect. Funny how material instance remembers values that were already deleted from parent material. Glad that itā€™s minor though. Need to remember to clean up all bad references next timeā€¦

1 Like

Thank you Dmitry, is working if I set it on Weather Presest and I have more stars in the sky but them doesnā€™t twinkles anymoreā€¦ Iā€™m playing with Twinkle parameters but with Star Map Brightness over 3 (if you want test it around 8) is very difficult to have them sparkles againā€¦ OK solved I think it was necessary wait some time in Play Mode to see more stars twinklesā€¦ thank you for the patience!

@Dmitry_Karpukhin I can confirm 1.11 fixes the issue I was having with SkyCreator overriding custom controllers at level load!