Sky Creator

Glad you liked it! Better precipitation FX system and lightnings are coming in a future updates though.

1 Like

SkyCreatorWeatherPreset window appears as empty using latest plugin ver in UE5EA.
Is it a known issue, does anyone else have it?

Everything seems fine, itā€™s just appears that you donā€™t have the ā€œDetailsā€ tab open. Please check on that :slight_smile:

details

1 Like

Everything seems fine, itā€™s just appears that you donā€™t have the ā€œDetailsā€ tab open. Please check on that :slight_smile:

Oh that was it! Makes sense now that I think about it! Thank you. And btw great job with this plugin!

If I can drop a request here, it would be great to also be able to use the built-in BP_CloudMask_Object with these clouds, to have more artistic control over the sky. Not sure how complex that would be though!

No problem!
It is a feature which is in a TODO list. But Iā€™m planning to use my own included blueprints though. Both for cloud placement and for cloud painting.

1 Like

Hi, Dmitry, Thank you for the great pluginļ¼
I tried with UE5EA, but I couldnā€™t rebuild the same way as [here] .(Sky Creator - #15 by EXpMiNi).
When I checked the log, I got the following error. Is there a solution? If you need all the logs, I can send them to you. Thanks again.

LogWindows: Failed to load 'aqProf.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'aqProf.dll' does not exist
LogProfilingDebugging: Loading WinPixEventRuntime.dll for PIX profiling (from ../../../Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/Windows/WinPixEventRuntime/x64).
LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi.dll' does not exist
LogWindows: Failed to load 'VtuneApi32e.dll' (GetLastError=126)
LogWindows: File 'VtuneApi32e.dll' does not exist

Looks very high quality :hushed:

thanx!!!

Thanks!
That doesnā€™t really seem like itā€™s related to Sky Creator, but Iā€™m not quite sureā€¦ Can you try this solution?

I reinstalled UE5 with Launcher and that solved it! Thank you!!

Hi!
I want to change environment information like sunrise and sunset times in real time while running. Could you possibly change the environment information in BlueprintReadOnly?

I keep getting this skydome error message. Itā€™s inconsistent, sometimes itā€™s there, sometimes not, sometimes goes away with G, sometimes notā€¦ I havenā€™t been able to really figure out what causes it. Any clues? Thanks in advance.

Hi, I found that there seems to be a bug in the pluginā€™s thumbnails. when you search for Sky Creator, the thumbnails use StaticMesh as the thumbnail.
test

To improve this issue, I think you can refer to UThumbnailManager::RegisterCustomRenderer to implement a custom thumbnail.

@ClaudioPiccinni, please check if you are having ā€˜SkySphereā€™ component of a Sky Creator Actor visible and not hidden in game or something like that. It should be visible as it has an important sky material on it.

@Unreal-NetFly, yes, itā€™s a known minor visual bug. Thanks!

@anonymous_user_d4362572, Iā€™ll think about it, though I initially designed sunrise and sunset times to be static values just as most games have. Could you please tell more about your use case? Would be very helpful.

Reopening the editor the error disappeared, as I said, itā€™s quite inconsistent behavior. I tried to change the skysphere comp visibility but it didnā€™t show the black sky issueā€¦

Hi, one more question, if you rename against the WeatherPreset file in use, the previous file will not be destroyed on the physical disk.

You must manually call ā€œFix up redirectors in folderā€ to fix this problem.

This problem occurs mainly when there is a level that references a WeatherPreset file, and if you rename this file without opening the level, then the old file is not deleted from the physical disk.

Itā€™s normal behavior with all unreal assets - it does that to not to break any references that use these assets. I click ā€œFix up redirectors in folderā€ all the time to keep all project files up to date, but depending on type of assets it can be slow sometimes.

Understood, thanks for your reply.

runtime, in some cases. I get strange exposures and I would like to know what is causing this?
Guessing that maybe the initialization logic of some components is not completed?