Skeleton Notify on Animation Sequence only fires once after the project was opened

[Please check last message for actual bug]

Hello!

I’m trying to add Skeleton Notify events to an animation however, these events do not fire in the Animation Blueprint, even though they appear there.

I even tried creating my own Anim Notify event class and adding that in, however it still does not fire.

Using the built-un Play Sound event worked.

I can’t figure out if this is a bug or not. Is anyone else encountering this with UE 5.2 and MacOS?

Here are a few screenshots:

Well this is awkward… I’ve restarted the Editor and now they work as expected :sweat_smile:

Well now I actually found what’s happening and it is a bug: the Skeleton Anim Notify only fires ONCE after I open the project. It does not fire if I restart play, I have to restart the Editor.

I’ve edited the title to reflect that.

Like I mentioned before, I’m using UE 5.2 on MacOS Ventura (13.4)

Welp. After a lot of digging, I’ve found that the events do actually fire. The bug (and the reason I thought the events were not firing) is that the Prints or breakpoints do not activate except for the first time you run the play after opening the editor.

I’ve opened the console and the Print logs do appear there, even if they are set to appear on screen as well. The Blueprint runs normally too, but no Breakpoints activate.