SkeletalMesh has no PhysicAsset assigned

I have animations imported from maya as alembic. When I build lighting I always get the same error on the animations :
SkeletalMeshActor '/Game/Cinematics/…/…/… casts shadow but has no PhysicsAsset assigned. The shadow will be low res and inefficient

I imported them as skeletal mesh, and also tried geometry cache but I get the same errors. I have also tried to right click on the skeletal mesh, create physic asset, put a capsule over it but it doesn’t change anything. I used the basic settings:

Any idea what could be wrong ? My mesh from maya is a character rig :confused:

Thanks

if im not mistaking the alembic format is a vertex animation format not a “normal” bone-based animation so there’s no skeleton to create the physics assets on.
if your only problem is the shadows error then just ignore it.

Easy click on the mesh in the level. Try to open it. It will say ‘there is no physics asset for this mesh, would you like to make one?’ you click ‘yes’. Follow the prompts.

Or,

Right click static mesh in content browser, select 'create > physics asset > create ’

Then you have to go into the static mesh and make sure to assign the new physics asset you just created to the static mesh.

Bam error gone!

2 Likes