Skeletal Meshes exports with wrong root bone

I am trying to export skeletal mesh from UE4 to Blender. Edit it and import back. When I am importing .fbx into Blender I can see, what Root bone is a child of new root bone with similar name with Skeletal Mesh. After exporting skeletal mesh, it’s trying to merge with old skeleton. But engine writes, what it have bad bone hierarchy. And it’s truth. I imported skeletal mesh with new skeleton, where root bone is child of new bone. If I am deleting this bone in blender, animations breaks in engine. Can I export or import skeletal mesh without creating new bone.

Having the same issue. Anybody?

Hello Inegvin and chernoburk. I fixed this issue in my custom Blender Next for Unreal Engine build. Nothing really fancy, just import Mannequin from Unreal Engine 4 or 5 to Blender. Tweak skeleton proportions in Pose Mode to your character. Fine tune skeleton in Edit Mode after skinning. Add extra joints via updated extrude, symmetrize modules in Blender and done :slight_smile: This build works with Unreal Engine 4 and 5 Epic Skeletons without animation retargeting and plugins . Here tutorial videos from my YouTube channel. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

just export the skeleton by selecting from “root” object , not by default export option here the eplanation video