Site Refuses to accept UE5-0 as version tag

This has me curious, so I did a little digging; it appears the system in place to ensure Questions have Engine version tags is not using the Engine version tag group but a separate list that isn’t used. I’ll be adjusting this to coincide with the Engine version tags. Thank you for the additional flag to help us get to the bottom of the problem! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This issue should now be resolved, the tags have been added to the Question system to coincide with the Engine tag group :slight_smile: Please refresh, and please do let us know if there are any other issues, and thank you again!

It looks like Epic Games created a prototype of the “Skynet” :slight_smile:

Hold that thought; it appears there is still an issue! I will update shortly! :slight_smile:

@i_Byte It seems like you had success posting your question! :slight_smile: Huzzah!

Yes. Many thanks!

1 Like

I have something to add to this issue. I just posted a “Question” in the Audio Category. As long as the only tag I had set was “Question”, it could not locate the version tags and yet would still get the error as above. Once I hit the + and added the tag MetaSounds, then when I hit the plus again, all the UE Versions popped up. This had received the same error as shown in a couple of posts above up until I added in a second tag and the second tag could not be the version tag (since it couldn’t find them).

I guess you could say this is user error, but nowhere did it say I had to include a tag other than Question prior to selecting a Version tag. Perhaps only an issue when posting a question (versus a forum topic). If my experience is representative, the possibly the error should say, “You must include a Version tag after you include an additional topic tag” :wink:

I am still unable to post under the UE5 tag.

There isn’t a strict UE5 tag; the tag would be UE5-0. Which area in the forums are you seeing this problem?

I was trying in Asset Creation, so I’ve used “UE4” instead.

This verifies what I mentioned a few posts back and has now worked twice for me. I just posted again and the sequence in which I posted the tags made the difference in whether I could use 5 versions of the Version Tags. This applies to Questions and it seems to work like a charm.

1. Click the plus in the tags section, it will show Questions by default.
  2. Type in and select a topic oriented tag like “Metasounds” only one that pertains to your post.
  3. Press the plus again and the versions will immediately all pop up there to select.

My guess is that the software is designed to want you to provide a meaningful topic tag before it will let you continue to select your version tag. If it didn’t do that, the post could not be included in any tag searches other than “Questions” (and in this case UE4 since that is available in the first selection list) which isn’t really a meaningful tag at all. If you pick a subject matter topic first, all the versions appear next.

All working great with the tags now! :heart_eyes:

I have noticed, however, that all of the new posts I have made are automatically tagged as “Feature Request”. When I try editing it out after posting, it won’t remove.

Super glad to hear they are working great! :slight_smile:

That one alluded me for a moment there. The tag group for ‘Feature Request’ was forcing that tag on posts that had tags that were also in that group. This should now be resolved, though! :slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

just tried

I still cannot add tags

Way make it so hard to post?
Answer Hub was 100 times easier

Please, add a tag text boks, so we can add tags and post

Try this. When it does that, click the x to get rid of the red error message. Press the plus, select a topic associated with the question you are asking (for example MetaSounds). After that, press the + again and you should see the pull down full of UE versions. This is what worked around it for me. As long as it just said “question” in that box, I couldn’t select version tags.

My experience was that once you are in that “You are not permitted to view…”, just close the browser, start a new session and then do your question like I mentioned about 3 posts up. It always works now for me and never worked when I started posting here again. Sometimes doing exactly what you saw there. It always seemed by then something was really hosed.

EXACTLY! HOW TO ADD A VERSION TAG IN NEW UNREAL ANSWER HUB????? - YouTube

For gods sake, I’m trying since over an hour to drop a question, but what the hell is going on with this new “Answer Hub”???

@SkyeEden

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Cannot package / build in UE5 - Missing Framework