SingleLayerWater shadow issues

Hello! I’m trying to solve a couple problems I’ve run into with SingleLayerWater (in 4.26). Any solutions or tips would be greatly appreciated! :heart:

1. If the camera (editor or game) blocking the main light source, there is a box shadow on the water. Distance from the water doesn’t seem to matter, can draw from a huge distance. I don’t typically work with lighting stuff, so perhaps I’m just missing something simple?

1. Received shadows quality is really bad - pixelated and a short draw distance. I can’t seem to find any way to adjust these, or even just turn off received shadows.

1 Like

I FINALLY found what’s causing both these issues - having light propagation volumes enabled in the project settings. I don’t need those, so disabled it and VIOLA! 2 weeks of being stuck solved with a checkbox :rofl: :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Having the same issue, but in UE 5.2.1 I’m not seeing any project options for light propagation volumes. Any other solution to this?

I believe this is the solution! It fixed my shadows anyway. Scroll down to the bottom of the post.

Im not using virtual shadow maps however i still have blocky shadows. Does anyone know how I can fix that in ue5?

1 Like