Since 42.10 Interaction is messed up

Summary

Interaction is messed up, it does not respect my keybind anymore. It shows F to interact with the switch device in the video, that is my bind, but I have to press E to trigger the switch.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Steps to Reproduce

1 Have custom keybinds for interacting with devices, other than E
2 Play a UEFN map with a switch device or button device or probably any other interactable.
3 Press it

Expected Result

If you press your keybind it interacts, in my case F

Observed Result

I must press E, the default bind I think

Platform(s)

PC

Island Code

6570-5231-1418

Upload an image

2 Likes

Having the same exact issue, cant interact with anything

1 Like

Yep this is happening to me too.

I facing same issues .
1 of Examples ;

We’re checking into this!

Have the same issue

Same Issue here, it happens with every “interact”, cars too

I cant build Floors or walls either. idk why

Same situation. I have my binds so much different than classic WSAD. My “interact” button is L and shows up as L everywhere (bindings, in-game when interact) but it’s not reacting. I have to use E.

I also have problem with binding AltGr which was not the case before. AltGr is RIGHT ALT with Polish Programmer keyboard which in fact is like pressing CTRL ALT then releasing ALT CTRL. Used to work for years - now it doesn’t. It registers/binds as CTRL and only CTRL then works as this action.

Hey yall! Last Saturday night we deployed a fix for what we were seeing with interact. If you are still seeing issues today, can you please reply below with any videos/logs to help us investigate further?

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

FORT-1148705 is ‘Closed’ as ‘Fixed’. The issue will be addressed in 42.10.