Simple Lighting

Hey guys. I would like to only view a model in the unreal engine. Similar to working in a viewport in 3ds or any 3d application. Just simple viewport shading, with no shadows or complex lighting. I’m hoping to avoid setting up light maps and lighting configurations.

I have a model that I would like to view in VR, but i dont want to have to setup light maps and lights, just to view a model.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Just open the default template map - select the lights and set them to dynamic (then you dont need to bake the lightmaps). Now just drag and drop the mesh into the level (before that, just import it) and start playing it in VR-mode.
Now when you dont want to have shadows, just select the light again and disable “cast shadow” (just some few

Or you could view your mesh in the “unlit” mode -> during gameplay: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?62962-Unlit-level :slight_smile:

Otherwise you could also directly view the mesh in your 3d tool (depending on which you are using, it should be possible to do that in VR) :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply . I should’ve known to try that haha. I wasn’t sure if it would be too much to have dynamic lights with a big model.