Shown differently between Niagara preview and Main viewport

When I make the ribbon effect like a tornado in Niagara, I can see really different shape on the main viewport. I can’t upload the video, so I just explain it.
In Niagara preview, the ribbon started ground with smaller radius and it’s spread out to the sky with bigger radius. However, in the main viewport, it’s not enough fast as much as niagara preview and also have very loose ribbon shape.
Many people guess it’s the problem of local space, but it’s also not working by toggling them.
Or it’s a bug. I try them on unreal version 4 and 5, and looks the same.
I’m sorry to my bad writing!:joy:
Please let me know how to deal with it.

1 Like

The main (level) viewport is always the accurate one when it comes to how an effect looks in your game. The Niagara preview viewport can have different lighting, geometry and a different tick rate.

A lot of the time, the difference comes from different fps in the viewports. You can check if that is the cause by going to the system properties of your effect and turn on “Fixed Tick Delta”, which is always a good idea to enable for effects that are very sensitive to fps changes (e.g. effects with a lot of velocity, constraints or radial forces).

2 Likes