Showdown VR Demo now available

Okay, got a problem. It´s running, but if I use “PLAY + VR PREVIEW” it is running without any headtracking and with… 0,5 FPS??? Normal version without VR runs fine though (100+FPS). Do you have an idea?

I’m getting the same error when trying to build project. Same thing happens if I try to build a 32bit version of it also.

OK FWIW for non-VR(?) I’m re-lightmapping the scene, the initial lightmapping wasn’t quite working for me. Will give it another try now.

Edit: OK redoing Lightmapping (lowering diffuse boost, setting some lights to stationary, overriding some post process).

Thanks Epic for another cool Asset/ Learning/ Project for us to mess with!

On Vive it works fine but the view is quite high up in the air compared to where it should be. Tried adjusting world scale and everything just was bigger.

Any way to lower the viewpoint.

I’ve got a problem creating a project for the Showdown VR Demo on Mac OS.
There is a ShowdownVRDemo in My Projects but UE 4.9 is unable to load it and gets stuck at 95%.
Also the project has no preview Icon. Just this blueprintU4 standard thingie.
I already redownloaded the project files and tried to create several new projects but nothing works.

Showdown was never tested with a Mac as Oculus has stop supporting Oculus on Mac’s. With that said there is currently no way to get Showdown working on a Mac. If you are curious about what hardware Oculus recommends for development / use with the Rift, here is a link to an article that tell a little bit about what hardware Oculus is targeting.

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/blog/powering-the-rift/

I know that Oculus has paused the Mac development. A don’t even have a Rift running on my Mac. I just want to take a look into the project files.

Same error here too.
Win 10, 12GB RAM. Nvidia GTX970

Got similar errors. I opened up the Unreal Frontend and set up a custom packaging preset (Build, Cook by Book, Package locally…). Worked just fine.

I don’t have much experience getting UE loaded up so this is a first for me - Windows 10, Oculus DK2 with 0.7.0 SDK/drivers, and I seem to be getting stuck at the “Loading…95%” screen. The Oculus positional tracker is kicking on and…well look at that…it just loaded. LOL So yeah, give it some time folks. :slight_smile: I’d say it took about 10-15 minutes of processing for the shader compilation to complete.

Hi,

I really love this demo! Thanks for sharing! One thing though, I can only run it once ( in engine or packaged ). The second time it stutters at low frame rate and seems to freeze the machine. I’m running Windows 10 with oculus sdk 0.7 on a 32gb, Intel i7 3.3Ghz with an NVidia Geforce GTX-970.

Any idea why this could be?

What would be the best way to run the demo with a DK2? I tried to make package -> Cook Error - I tried to preview with VR -> Unplayable performance

What can I do?

What kind of GPU do you have? This will work with a DK2/ I have tested it many times.

Two PCs. 770 and 780 GPUs

I am not 100% sure about this but I do not think the 7 series is powerful enough to run Showdown. I will try and confirm with, W our resident VR wizard, if the 7 series of Nvidia cards can run the demo or not. Just as an FYI, any time Epic has shown off Showdown the PC’s have used either an Nvidia 980’s or an Nvidia Titan X’s.

Wow, thank you so much for releasing this to the public. I can confirm that a 780 SC from EVGA runs this just fine on a i5 4670K running at 3.40GHz on the DK2, with a steady 75fps. Don’t jump out of your chair like I did at the end, lol.

I have this same problem with cooking failing on these 2 errors.

StephaBon, can you give more detailed instructions on how you used the Frontend to successfully package? Thanks in advance.

I found this post in another thread that solves this problem for me:

Yeah it certainly needs time compile everything on the first load. Pretty amazing how much is goin on there…

Wow, that Demo rocks!
Best use of VR I’ve seen so far. Well done team!