Show Specific Actors In Scene Capture Component 2d

hi everybody
what i’m trying to achieve is to show certain actors in a 2d scene capture while they’re hidden in other cameras
i’ve tried setting “only owner see” to true and they’re now invisible to all cameras, but after setting the owner to the actor that has the scene capture component meshes still doesnt appear in the scene capture.
i’m trying to make a portal with live rendering

here is exactly what i did
1.created actor that has a scene capture, a plane with the render target as a material.
2.For the metahumans to be hidden for other cameras but be visible in the scene capture, i opened level blue prints and referenced all of them then “set owner” to the scene capture actor. ((this didnt work))
putting in mind that i set all of the meshes of the metahumans to “only owner see”
3. i tried getting actor of class “scene capture actor” then setting the result as new owner inside the blueprints of metahumans and calling that chain with event begin play. this also didnt work.

maybe i did something wrong but there’s diffidently a way to get it to work. legends like you will come with a solution .
thank you.

Hey @hyder61112! So if I understand correctly you’re attempting to have the metahuman actors only appear on specific cameras and specific SCC2Ds. Going to focus on the capture components first then move to how to do it for all of the cameras as well. So all capture components come with 2 arrays for just this situation!

Hidden actors and show only actors can both be used to choose which actors you want show and which you don’t. So I’d just put the actors which you didn’t want to be rendered in the hidden actors array and you’re all good. for the Scene components.

As for the camera components themselves, we used the “only owner see” and setting the owner just like you described before. If possible could I see your implementation for more customized advice there?

5 Likes

I don’t have this option? Both Hidden Actors and Show Only Actors aren’t there. Am I missing something?

Hey there @Mimi6238! Welcome to the community! So to reveal the Show Only Actors or the Hidden Actors you need to change your Primitive Render Mode inside the details for your SceneCapture2D component itself.

Hidden should be there for both “Render Scene Primitives” options, however using “Use ShowOnly List” disables hidden and creates the Show Only Actors dropdown.

These lists do not appear if the scene capture component is inside a blueprint. The lists can still be accessed and modified through blueprint but it seems to have no effect.

Hey there @Inductance! The lists cannot appear inside of the Bp as they have no world context to pull references from. However, adding references at runtime should be functioning. If you add actors to the show only list while show only is set, does it not apply them at runtime?

Necroing to say, no, it does not still work. As Inductance said, the lists dont appear NOR does adding references during runtime function. The array length remains 0 and nothing appears in the render.

UE 5.3