Shadows get broken randomly

Since 4.11.2 I have got this issue randomly - the shadows get messed up with red glow. It appears during play and goes instantly away when stopping the playtest. Then all can work normally without restarting the editor. GPU temps are normal (havent clocked anything). Having latest drivers. Have got this issue twice so far during probably over 100-200 playtests, all happened with 4.11.2. Could some shadow settings cause this?

Both times the issue have appered instantly after starting the play. Shadows also get much darker during the bug.

Comp. i7 5820K, 32Gt DDR2400, GTX980ti, Win10 64bit.

Hello SaOk,

Would you happen to be able to reproduce this in a blank project? From the description of the bug, it sounds like it happens on a minimal scale and might be hard to narrow down a reproduction case. At any rate, if you have anymore information as to why you believe this issue occurs and what is being rendered to the screen when it appears, that could help identify the source.

Cheers,

Have got 3 times today. I believe it happens when directionalLight visibility is set off or on (propagate to children is enabled in node). I have two directionalLights, one for sun and one for moon. Only one is kept visible at one time depending daytime. Using the nodes in level blueprint tick that is set 3 seconds.

Noticed sometimes the shadows just get very dark without red glow, sometimes the glow is green or yellow.

I recently set “recapture sky light periodically setting” enabled in ultra dynamic sky blueprint (markerplace asset). I try to set it off again next.

Keep trying to find a reproduction case, and once you have narrowed it down, I can test this on my end and get a bug report entered for the issue.

After I disabled Recapture Sky Light Periodically setting from Ultra Dynamic Sky blueprint the issue havent appeared yet in 5 days. Seem strongly like it was causing the issue.