Shadow Cast disabled- Too many Overlapping Actors ERROR

I am having an issue where there’s an error code in any level of my project saying too many overlapping lights shadow casting disabled. I’ll leave the level open a new blank one then it’ll begin to say it again after placing any light actors. In the project setting lumen is enabled forward shading is disabled but lumen is grayed out and I can’t disable it? I’ve seen some people with similar issues however it turned out to be their engine scalability. Mine I set all the way to cinematic. My player character doesn’t have a shadow neither do any other objects in the scene. I even tried changing my directional light to stationary this made the error message go away but the check box for casts shadow for my directional light still won’t budge I tried building lighting as well nothing. Any help is appreciated I am using version 5.3

The default when placing lights is ‘static’, you need to set them to ‘moveable’.

To all of the lights?

Yep :slight_smile:

I had to enable forward shading now for some reason a flashlight i was using isnt appearing but some light artifacts near objects what a strange situation lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.